Sunday, September 16, 2012

Big Girl

Avery is getting so big! At just over 8 months old she weighs 18.8 lbs and is 27.6 in long. Avery easily eats an entire jar of baby food and is a bottomless pit when it comes to bottles. She certainly keeps us on our toes these days, its exhausting! Thankfully Steven has been taking extra Avery shifts so that I can rest a bit.




On Thursday Steven watched Avery for a bit while I went out. I picked up Pagi and we went to Starbucks, the PX and the Commissary. I was only out for an hour but it was more than enough to recharge my batteries. That evening we had to attend a mandatory meeting at the gym. It was 1 hour of intense boringness but afterwards we went to the AMC with the Wideners for a late dinner. 



Steven had Friday off for Family Day. He watched Avery for a few hours so that I could sleep in before we went to breakfast. It was a nice cool day out so we took a walk to the park. Avery isn't a big fan of swings or slides haha. I think she'll have more fun once she can walk around by herself.



We needed gas this week but it was a very painful experience. Military bases are supposed to charge the national average for gas but that isn't the case for us (obviously having a bunch of Americans stuck overseas they can charge us what they like and we are forced to pay). We currently pay $0.13 ABOVE the national average, it may not sound like a lot but it sure adds up quickly! I really miss cheap gas stations like Maverick or Walmart. 


Mimi's Lil' Punkin

I think I've mentioned the flea market site on my blog a few months back, its basically a Facebook group that buys and sells things from other military families in the area (since everything must be ordered online). On Saturday I sold 3 items and made $55 :) After that we went to Osan and had lunch, walked around the BX and tried to get groceries but Avery was such a grump that we ended up leaving. We had to go to our commissary on Sunday to shop. 



This weekend I got my first Korean massage while Steven and Avery hung out at Widener's. The massage was definitely an experience. After a relaxing massage the lady started cracking various parts of my body and twisting me like a pretzel. When it was done I felt amazing. I walked to Widener's house, we hung out on the roof around the fire pit while he BBQ'd. It was a great week :) 


Avery Quinn - 36 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment