Sunday, September 9, 2012

Labor Day


I love 4 day weekends :) On Monday the 3 of us went to Splish & Splash (our on-base "water park") Its basically 2 slides and a pool but it does the job. The place was a ghost town so Avery got to float around the pool in her infant floaty. When it was time to leave I grabbed a diaper out of her swim bag. I guess it had been awhile since we last went swimming because there were only itty bitty diapers in the bag. I managed to just barely get the tiny diaper on her, thankfully she didn't soil the diaper on the drive home. Avery was exhausted after swimming and napped while the repair man fixed our washer/dryer. For the first time in a year and a half I was able to do a complete load of laundry at home :D





The next morning Steven made a delicious breakfast and did all the dishes <3 That afternoon Steven went with his friends to find a uniform for air soft. I decided to do more laundry but the dryer broke again!! Apparently the part that was broken is no longer manufactured so the repair man only jimmy-rigged the dryer. Instead of a new washer/dryer our realtor said he'd try and get a drying rack for our clothes....


Ready to go to work with daddy


A Korean lady took our laundry basket for her chili peppers

Now that the weather is cooling off I've been very anxious to get back into the gym. The CDC (child development center) is booked solid for the next 2 weeks :( they can't even take Avery for an hour so I can work out! The gym has a little childcare room but I don't trust it. They charge the same amount as the CDC but won't feed your child or even change diapers!! Avery and I have been taking laps around the neighborhood as well as other at-home exercises but I long to be in the gym where I can get a good sweat.

Steven and I have been in a betting mood lately. We've been using Words with Friends as our main game of choice. On Saturday we mixed things up and went bowling, loser had to do the dishes. I lost but it was still fun. The Wideners joined us for a game and we bumped into the Jurgens family who didn't play but hung out with us for a bit.


Sunday was the usual. Steven left to play air soft with our friends while Avery and I stayed home. The day was painfully long and boring but Avery and I made the best of it :) This week our baby turned 8 months old!


Avery Quinn - 8 months

No comments:

Post a Comment