Monday, October 8, 2012

BABY


The first day of October started out great. Pagi had baby Bentlee!! Pagi said she bounced on the yoga ball I gave her all Sunday evening and her water broke the next morning. Bentlee was due on Wednesday, I'm glad Bentlee wasn't late because that is NO FUN. I took care of their dogs while they were in the hospital. Every time I walked in the door they looked disappointed because I wasn't their mom haha.


Pagi and baby Bentlee
10.01.12 - 19.65in - 7.12lbs 

That evening I started feeling pretty miserable. Steven and I were in bed before 8:30 pm. I had a fever, chills, stuffed nose, headache, cold sweats, coughing, sneezing and horrible body aches. Avery still wasn't feeling well and got up at 3 am. We all stayed awake until Steven went to work. It was a rough night for everyone, I hope our colds go away soon.


Snug as a bug in a rug

Tuesday was pretty mellow, Steven dropped Avery off at day care on his way to work so I could have a few hours to re-cooperate  I walked Pagi's dogs and spent the rest of my time in bed. I started feeling a little better by the time Steven brought Avery home on his lunch break. Avery sat quietly in bed with me playing so I could continue to lay down, she's such a good girl :)


<3 

I don't want to jinx myself but Avery's sleeping habits have tremendously improved this week. From birth to 8 months she was waking every 2 hours to eat while breastfed. After 3 weeks of bottle feeding she went down to waking 3x a night. This week she's only woken up once a night! On Wednesday night she slept from 7 pm-7 am. When I was a teenager I took sleep for granted. Eight months with very minimal sleep has shown me that it is a PRIVILEGE.


Waiting for Steven to get off work

I've mentioned KCTC (the 3 day/2 night air soft tournament) a few times in my blog. Steven has been excitedly planning for KCTC for 5 months. On Thursday evening we found out that Steven could no longer go to KCTC :( His already approved pass was revoked for a completely pointless reason :( Sometimes the Army really sucks. Steven was absolutely DEVASTATED.


Avery giving me cuddles, holding my hand, watching me play Gems

Even though he was crushed by the last second news (we found out the night before he was supposed to leave) he still helped Widener shop for the tournament. Steven had spent weeks making a meal plan for the team and revising it countless times. Widener, Steven, Avery and I went to our commissary and got the food and supplies, it was 3 carts full of stuff. Widener had to call his wife because we couldn't fit it all in our truck. Avery decided to poop all over her clothes during the trip. I didn't have any back up clothes because the day prior she had pooped on one outfit and puked all over another. I had to walk from the commissary to the PX with my half naked baby to buy her clothes :/ Even though I had her wrapped in a blanket several people felt the need to stop me and tell me it was too cold for my baby, temperature has been in the low 70s BTW. I felt AWFUL but Avery got a cute new outfit and we finished KCTC shopping.


Avery's new outfit


Three carts full of food for KCTC

I'm a little glad he didn't go because a soldier on their team ended up getting seriously injured :( On Sunday Steven played air soft with a friend of his. It was no KCTC but he had fun and got to blow off some steam.


Avery Quinn - 39 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment