Sunday, October 21, 2012

Nine Month Appointment


Avery had her 9 month appointment this week. She weighs 19lbs and is a little over 28 in. She is still tall and skinny according to the doctor :) Avery "helped" the doctor by ripping up the exam table paper and continually pulling the stethoscope out of his ears during her exam.



Taking care of the two sickies finally caught up to me. On Wednesday I woke up feeling miserable which put a damper on my plans. I had to miss Lunch with the Ladies at one of my favorite restaurants. There are two babies in the lunch group, I didn't want to risk getting them sick too. Steven, Avery and I took a family trip to the medical clinic. The doctor thinks the 3 of us have the same virus. Avery seems to take after Steven in the area of illness, they both have body jarring coughs. My body is handling the virus differently, it caused my Eustachian tubes to become very inflamed. My tubes can't drain so my ears are full of fluid, everything sounds dull and I feel like I need to pop my ears. The inflammation is also messing with my sinuses which feel like they are filled with concrete and my throat feels like I swallowed shards of glass. Ibuprofen should be enough to cure me, once I get the tube inflammation under control the rest will resolve itself. Steven wasn't so lucky, he was given a bag full of medicines to get his symptoms under control. Poor Avery can't take anything so its bed rest, fluids and steamy showers for her.


My poor sick baby

Earlier this week we found out that the drain in our laundry room is clogged, we realized this when the laundry room flooded. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal except its impossible to fix. Steven removed the grate only to discover a smaller grate under it that can't be removed. We have no way of unclogging the drain :/ Within a day I forgot about the clog, started the washer and went about my business. I spent 45 minutes scooping water into a cup and pouring it into the sink. The flooding issue caused me to get behind on laundry so I had to improvise. Our washer now drains into four 5-gallon jugs. I have to manually put the hose into each jug but its pretty easy to time.

This week Avery's great grandparents, my nana and papa, sent us a care package. Its so wonderful getting packages and heart warming to know our family cares. From my chair I can spot 17 gifts that Nana and Papa have gotten for Steven, Avery and I. This week Nana and Papa sent a huge stack of magazines for me :) Avery got the most adorable Halloween costume and a super soft stuffed lamb. We tried the costume on and it fits like a dream, I didn't want to take it off! Since we got the lamb it has gone with us everywhere. Avery's lamb keeps her company in the car and rides in the stroller with her, she loves that thing. Nana and Papa have also been sending 1st cards for Avery. We recently got a 1st Halloween card :) We are so lucky to have them in our lives, plus our home would be pretty bare without all the goodies they've sent over the last year and a half :)



They match :)

Friday was Parent Date Night. Since it only happens once a month we signed Avery up and pre-paid 2 weeks in advance. I was hoping that the 3 of us would be back on our feet in time for date night but that wasn't the case. I didn't know if Avery was still contagious so we cancelled her slot for date night, we didn't want to risk her getting anyone sick. We decided to do date night at home instead. I made steak, sauteed red potatoes and carrots. Since Avery got sick she's been a bad sleeper so we didn't eat until 8pm but it was still good :) After dinner we made a makeshift bed on the living room floor so we could cuddle and watch a movie.

Steven and I finally have matching rings again! On our wedding day we had matching tungsten carbide black carbon fiber rings but for almost a year we have been mismatched. Steven's first wedding band was stolen when he took it off to wash his hands. He lost his second wedding band a few months ago, it could be anywhere since his job requires he remove it for safety purposes. I stopped wearing my wedding band shortly after having Avery. The ring is way too big now and since its tungsten carbide it can't be re-sized. Before Steven and I got married he encouraged me to pick out an engagement ring that I liked. I told him I didn't want an engagement ring and that if he really wanted me to have a diamond he could get me one on our first anniversary. I thought he had forgotten but sure enough for our one year anniversary he surprised me with a diamond ring. On date night Steven surprised me again by getting himself a new band to match my ring :)


Old rings


New rings

On Saturday I got to sleep in. Steven and Avery went on base to get me coffee which gave me time to shower and eat breakfast. That afternoon we went to AK Plaza to find a jacket for me. The trip was unsuccessful but we got to eat at Kraze Burger. We also went to Osan's BX and got paint for Avery's pumpkin.


She LOVES snow globes



The 3 of us got up bright and early on Sunday morning and went shopping. I sold a pair of boots Avery had grown out of, cleaned a bit, did some laundry, bathed the baby and put her to bed. Steven made dinner and did the dishes. It was a pretty average Sunday for the Lyon household.


Daddy-daughter bonding


Avery Quinn - 41 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment