Monday, February 18, 2013

The Long Awaited Update

So I haven't been blogging, obviously. Since moving back to Idaho I haven't really had the motivation but family members living out of state like the updates.

Steven has been working at Goldy's Breakfast Bistro and although the hours are great (compared to the Army) he's only been getting one day off a week.

Near the end of January I registered for college for the first time in 2 years. The professor had the students sign their name on a sheet of paper for attendance at the beginning of class. I had been signing my married name on the attendance sheet but the college still had me registered with my maiden name. I was eventually dropped for non-attendance because of the name issue.

Avery attended her first birthday party and also kissed a boy on the same day.



Steven and I went on a double date with Quinn and his girlfriend, Ashley. The four of us went to Dave and Buster's, it was a blast. Steven and I hit the jackpot several times, Quinn got the jackpot as well :) I convinced Steven to play DDR with me and the first song to pop up on the machine was our favorite song in Korea: Hands Up by 2PM.


Our unaccompanied baggage from Korea was delivered. The unaccompanied baggage was the small amount of items we were allowed to put on an air plane (the rest of our stuff is still on the boat). We only had 4 boxes delivered but one was full of Avery's toys :)

Steven got his new driver's license. The new Idaho license is really ugly! I'm not looking forward to getting mine.

Avery went to Chuck E Cheese for the first time. The place was awful but she loved the mechanical band that played.


We found our new apartment in Boise :) Its a super cute 2 bedroom in a nice complex. We start moving in on March 1st when our HHG (household goods - the stuff on the boat) gets here.


Avery made her first wish in a fountain.


Steven and I found a really cheap yet very nice 7 piece furniture set which includes a couch, love seat, coffee table, 2 side tables, and 2 lamps.

On February 10th, Avery learned to walk!!! She didn't take a few wobbly steps like I would have expected. Instead she just stood up and walked around like she was a pro.

Avery had her first accident. While at the store she escaped the shopping cart, did a flip, and landed on her back on the ground. I took her to the ER to be safe but she didn't even have a bump or bruise. The doctor said she should be a stunt baby. Steven also went to the hospital (on a different day) after he burned his hand at work.

Avery knows how to do 'lady dabs' which is when she takes a cloth napkin and gently dabs her mouth after eating - it is the cutest thing you'll ever see. She signs 'more' and 'done' when eating, and also waves and says "bye bye" when we go somewhere or when someone else leaves.

My parents have a screen door with a little window that Avery loves looking out of. She'll stand there and point at things and tell me to "look".

On Valentine's Day Avery and I went to Kristen's house. We made a variety of chocolate covered strawberries for our men. Kris and I also took V-Day photos of our kids using props I had made the night before. The pictures turned out so well!


For V-Day Steven got me a HUGE card, Starbucks gift card, bobble and a stuffed bear. I got him a soda stream, sock monkey and the chocolate covered strawberries.

Steven and I went on a date the next evening. My parents were watching Avery so got to have a combined V-Day/(finally getting around to celebrating) our 2 year anniversary. Steven had made a reservation for Chandler's so we both got dressed up for the occasion. The food was beyond delicious, Steve got the Kobe Steak which I could have eaten all day. After dinner we went to Coldstone for ice cream. It was an amazing evening.


Phew, that was a blogful but I think we're finally caught up!


Avery Quinn - 13 1/2 months

No comments:

Post a Comment