Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Liebster Blog Award

I haven't blogged in a month, I have no motivation to do so. My blog: Little Lyon's Life in Korea is kind of a moot point since we're no longer in Korea. Thankfully a friend and fellow blogger tagged me for the Liebster Blog Award which has forced me to revisit my blog, hopefully this is the kick I need to get back into my groove.

The rules are simple:
- Post 11 things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set by the person who tagged you, and create 11 new questions for those you tag.
- Tag 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- No tag backs.

In a nut shell

1. I love skydiving. I've jumped (nearly) 40 times but since moving to Korea and having a baby I haven't been able to jump for over 2 years. Its amazing how peacefully falling 10,000 feet can be. I miss it so much and hope to start jumping again when the weather warms up.

2. I was born with Pectus Excavatum (PE), a congenital deformity of the chest. PE caused my heart to be displaced, fainting, impaired respiratory function, pain and a general feeling of isolation and embarrassment. In 2006, at the age of 16, I had the Nuss Procedure done to correct my PE. The surgery involved two lateral incisions (and a third smaller incision to allow for a thoracoscope), a 14 inch metal bar, two heavy stabilizers, excruciating pain, an 8 day hospital stay and several months of physical therapy. Two and a half years later I had the bar removed and thankfully the recovery was much easier. Since then I have been playing an active role in raising awareness about Pectus Excavatum (since its not a well known condition those who have PE usually suffer ill psychological and psychosocial effects). I am also part of a support group for PE that has almost 645 members! Knowledge is power :)

3. COFFEE. I am addicted to coffee (literally). I absolutely HATED coffee until I became a full time college student while also holding down a full time job, I was easily spending over $300 a month just in coffee. Naturally I gave up coffee when I was pregnant with Avery, at first it SUCKED but a few weeks into my pregnancy coffee turned into my main food aversion. The mere thought of coffee made me sick to my stomach until I reached about 38 weeks. I scarcely drank coffee during the 8 months that I breastfed Avery but once she was weaned I was back to being an addict.

4. I over explain things ^ see examples 1, 2, and 3.

5. Avery and Steven are my entire world. I miss living in Korea for the sole reason of it just being the 3 of us.

6. Avery and I are the definition of co-dependent. We are constantly giving each other hugs and kisses. She always wants to be in my arms, and I always want to hold her. I'm contemplating buying an Ergo so I can carry her hands free. I think I might die the first time I leave her for an entire day.

7. I'm terrified of needles. I always have been and I always will be. Whether it be a simple flu shot or blood draw I pass out, throw up and convulse. My fear of needles triggers a vasovagal syncope - this occurs when past of the nervous system that controls heart rate and blood pressure malfunctions (like people fainting at the sight of blood). I often say that the worst part of my labor and delivery was getting the IV. The nurses couldn't get my IV in the first time which triggered my vasovagal syncope, all the alarms went off, nurses and doctors ran, and I was told "not to do that again"...because its completely controllable lol.

8. I'm a closet nerd. I love anime, drawing little comics, writing fanfictions, playing video games, and watching nerdy scifi movies.

9. Cross stitch - I love it! I currently working on a cute (and nerdy) cross stitch that I'm making for Steven. I'm hoping it will be done by Valentines day :) I'm also making a quilt for Avery - I started making it when I was pregnant with her and have yet to finish. Slow and steady wins the race?

10. I love being a stay at home mother.

11. Steven. How can I even put my love for him into words? He goes completely out of his way to make me happy. I have so much fun when I'm with him, its like we're in our own little world. I could not have chosen a better man to marry and be the father to my child(ren).


Eleven Answers

1. If you could have coffee with anyone who would it be and why?

Myself. I love being a stay at home mom but I do end up sacrificing my ME time because of it. I'd love to sit in a coffee shop by myself for an hour and maybe read a book or just enjoy the silence.

2. Tell me about one defining moment in your life.

It would probably have to be the first time I was alone with Avery after she was born. Avery was only a few days old when Steven had to drive 2 hours north and get my mom from the airport. For 7 hours I was completely alone, in a foreign country, with a newborn. Reality hit me hard during that time that I was a mom and this little life depended on me completely.

3. Why do you blog?

I started blogging because my daughter was born in South Korea. I wanted to keep my parents updated on everything Avery related. My parents started sending my blog to my grandparents who in turn also sent it to other family members :) I really need to keep blogging because my out of state family is eager to read more Avery news.

4. If you could only listen to one artist/band for the rest of your life who would it be?

Three Days Grace - something about that band.

5. What is your favorite food?

This is tough because I LOVE to eat. Does coffee count as a food? If not, I'd have to say BBQ'd anything.

6. If you had to come up with a unique tradition for you/your family what would it be?

Well, we have a habit of celebrating holidays early. My husband lacks patience when it comes to gifts (whether he's giving them or receiving them) so we never actually make it to a holiday/special event/birthday before all the gifts are opened.

7. Tell me something that makes you unique.

I've had 8 teeth pulled. The first 4 were taken to make room for my wisdom teeth but there was a miscalculation of space and I ended up getting the other 4 pulled too. Also I busted out my two front teeth skateboarding.

8. What poem or quote would you say applies most to your life?

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -George Bernard Shaw

9. If you were a coffee shop drink you would be a?

Definitely a Caramel Frappuchino

10. What is your most treasured possession or memory?

Other than  my child, I would say her small stuff lion. While pregnant with Avery I bought her a little lion (named Lionel) and I am now more attached to him than she is.

11. You find a $100 bill on the sidewalk, what do you do?

Put it in the bank, I'm a saver.


Q & A

1. What is the worst lie you've told?
2. If you were famous, what would you most likely be famous for?
3. What is one thing you believe in/support that is controversial?
4. How do you normally spend your weekends?
5. What has been your biggest adventure so far?
6. Tell me your most embarrassing/awkward experience.
7. What is your night time routine?
8. How did/do you know someone is "the one"?
9. What book are you currently reading?
10. When is the last time you were REALLY angry? Why?
11. What's one thing on your "bucket list"?


Tagged

http://lifearmywifestyle.com/
http://jumpdancelove.wordpress.com/
http://oneboyonegirlandtwokids.blogspot.com/
http://myjumps.blogspot.com/
http://thephatmomsblog.blogspot.com
http://neinamaire.wordpress.com/
http://www.blogster.com/nickriggi1
http://laurenssurgery.blogspot.com/
http://koreanarmywife.blogspot.com/
http://nerdyarmywife.blogspot.com/
http://mamainwonderland.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment