Saturday, May 25, 2013

New Beginnings

Wednesday, May 15th, was the first day of a healthier me! I used my new gym membership for the first time that day :) I had gone to the little gym in our apartment complex but I hardly count that as a 'gym'. Its the size of my bedroom and anyone that lives in the apartment complex has access to it which means its infested with unsupervised (and extremely annoying) children at all times. So on Wednesday morning Avery and I walked over to my new gym, which is conveniently located within walking distance. I dropped off Avery at the gym day care then awkwardly worked out. Everyone at the gym was super fit and had amazing bodies, I was the only one there with a bit of baby weight, it was embarrassing. I made an appointment with a personal trainer (since I get one freebie with my membership), I'm hopeful that he can help me achieve my fitness goal. Our appointment is on Monday which I am excited for yet dreading. The trainer told me to eat a good breakfast because many people pass out during their first training session...


Walking home from the gym

May 15th is also the day that Steven started his '365 Days of Beard' challenge. Basically you clean shave and then don't shave, trim, or maintain your facial hair at all for an entire year. I am not looking forward to this year's Christmas pictures haha but I will post a weekly photo of his progress.


Avery and I went to Goldy's to pick up Steven's paycheck on the 16th, unfortunately his job doesn't allow direct deposit. We went to the bank on the way to Kristen's house - our kids were in desperate need of a play date (as were the mommies). Avery was being very sensitive during the play date - she was having a meltdown every time Conner took a toy that she was playing with (which normally doesn't phase her), cry whenever Conner accidentally bumped into her, and was extra cuddly with Kristen.


Checking on Cassius


We met Steven at my parents' house after the play date and all had dinner together. Since we had two vehicles at my parents' house Steven and I swapped cars. He drove Avery home in the Durango while I took his car - I had to go back to Kristen's to pick up my Bobble. On the way home I drove by a house I have been drooling over online but was sad to see there was already a pending sign in the front lawn :(


Avery watching Steven shower haha

Friday was a very nice day. I picked up my mom from work for a lunch date :) She had a gift card for Applebees - I enjoy their club sandwich and the Vista Applebees is always a ghost town (perfect for letting Avery wander the restaurant). We went to Starbucks after lunch and I lucked out because my mom had another gift card! I felt pretty pampered during our girls' day.


Saturday had a less than pleasant start. Our upstairs neighbors woke Avery up three times during the night with their loud stomping. I was wide awake from 1 am - 4 am because of them - even with the air conditioning blowing and a fan in the bedroom I could still hear them stomping around. I think they are on some kind of drug because when I woke up at 6 am they were still up but instead of stomping they were blaring music! Of course they never answer when I start pounding on the door and the apartment office is closed on the weekends so I can't even file a complaint.

I managed to drag my butt out of the house and go to Walmart for a few items. I was in such a grumpy mood from the lack of sleep. I was pleased with myself that I only bought things that I had a coupon for (minus one box of animal crackers for the princess). I had planned to take a nap when Steven got home from work but instead we had to go to dinner with his family. They chose to eat at Applebees, yup the same place I had gone the day before. Luckily I am really in love with the club sandwich lately so I still enjoyed a good meal even though I wasn't feeling very sociable. Avery was a crazy ball of energy at dinner (Yvette chased her all around the restaurant) so we took her to the park to burn some of it off. While at the park I noticed a purple truck that looked just like Yvette's, I pointed it out to Steven and it was Yvette lol. She stopped by the park and played with Avery for a bit while Steven and I laid on the slide.

 My mom had to put in a few hours at the office on Sunday. It sort of worked out well because we were able to car pool back to Meridian. She left her Explorer at my house for Steven and we took the Durango. While at my parents' house I started getting a little headache. I ignored it but it soon turned into a full blown migraine. I was too nauseous to eat and every sound was excruciating so I went upstairs to lay down. Its strange to lay in my old bedroom yet so familiar and comforting at the same time. I stayed in bed until it was time to leave, Steven tried to get me downstairs to the car but I didn't make it past the bathroom, I was so nauseous. I spent the entire drive home focusing on not throwing up, Steven spent the drive home trying to keep Avery completely silent (which didn't happen by the way). I was finally able to take some aspirin when we got home - my mom had offered me Excedrin Migraine but it had expired a LONG time ago, we also stopped at a gas station on the drive home but they didn't have anything.


Yvette showed up a few minutes later to baby sit Avery. We had pre-ordered tickets to go see the new Star Trek movie that night with Quinn and Ashley. Steven offered to cancel our double date and see if the theater would refund us but I knew that he really wanted to go. Even though I was still in a lot of pain I insisted we still go see the movie. I was hoping that the aspirin would kick in by the time it started but it didn't - I was still nauseous and in pain for the first 40 minutes of the movie, I even had to close my eyes any time a bright scene popped up. I felt 100% by the end of the movie and was able to enjoy myself, Steven and I even got frozen yogurt afterwards :)


On Monday, Steven went golfing with Quinn. I had a meeting with the personal trainer that afternoon. I dropped Avery off at the gym day care but that didn't last long. About ten minutes into the meeting a gym employee came to inform me that I needed to go get Avery because she was freaking out. When I got to the day care Avery was having a complete meltdown, it took her almost ten minutes to calm down. I only got an hour with the trainer so when Avery was completely calm I put her back into day care. She, again, freaked out so badly that she had to be removed from day care and taken to the front desk. The woman at the front desk closed the doors to the gym so that Avery couldn't escape but the doors were glass so Avery just squished her face against the glass and continued to scream and cry, the entire gym could hear her. I was beyond exhausted after working with the trainer and I was also beyond embarrassed by Avery's behavior. I put her down for a nap when we got home, I was hoping to nap as well but since Steven wasn't home I had to use her nap time to shower instead - it sucked.

The next day was pretty mellow, Steven and I spent the day with our little girl. We went to Starbucks for me and Goldy's Corner to get him a smoothie - Avery made friends with the girls sitting in the booth behind us. After our refreshing beverages we went to a few office stores and found a desk chair for Steven's office, Avery had a blast running around the stores. We met Yvette for dinner at 10 Barrel. There was a 20 minute wait to be seated so the 4 of us played in a near by grassy area. The food was average but it was nice having dinner with the family.




Avery Quinn - 16 months


No comments:

Post a Comment