Saturday, September 14, 2013

Aug 26 - Sept 1

I'm about 3 weeks behind. Steven and Avery were sick and now I'm sick so the blogging has been on the back burner - so here's a rough update of Aug 26-Sept 1.

The week started off pretty uneventful. Kristen and the boys came over on Wednesday for a toddler pool party :) The kids surprisingly kept their life vests on the entire time! Even with the toddlers in life vests and the baby in a floatie it was difficult to keep the kids under control. After swimming we managed to get Cassius and Avery down for naps at the same time and Conner laid on the couch quietly, it was awesome.




The next day we went to my parents' house for dinner. I took my dad's bike for a 2 mile ride around Fuller park, it was so relaxing. That day I also ordered an ID bracelet for Avery, she isn't one to wander off but I feel better knowing IF she does get lost she'll have it.


Putting Avery to work

Friday was pretty good. Avery and I went to Kristen's house for a bit, she and our friend Jeca were having a yard sale. Kristen's younger brother was there when I arrived, I haven't seen him in years, he's a Marine now. Kristen and TJ were going out to dinner that evening and invited me :D After hanging out at Kristen's house for a bit I headed to my parents' house. My mom had taken the day off of work to take care of Quinn - he had his wisdom teeth removed that morning. Avery was staying the night with my mom so I borrowed my mom's carpet cleaner to deep clean the carpets while I didn't have a toddler in the house. The carpet in our apartment was DISGUSTING, I went through the whole house at least 3 times.


15 weeks

Kristen and her brother TJ picked me up around 7 pm for dinner. We went to Sushi Joy, I had never been before but it was pretty nice. The three of us had a GREAT time, we shared an order of fried rice and General Tso's chicken and still had half of it to send home with Kristen. Tj was only in town to pick up his car and drive it back to 29 Palms where he's stationed, he is a Marine. Hanging out with TJ and Kris was a lot of fun but also made me kind of sad. TJ lived with Kristen before joining the military so whenever I hung out at Kristen's house he was there too, the three of us always hung out, things have changed so much in such a short amount of time. TJ and Kristen dropped me off at home after dinner, Steven was already home so we watched a movie :)


Halloween 2010 with Kristen, TJ, and baby Conner

My parents dropped off Avery on Saturday afternoon on their way to the lake. Avery told me she wanted a nap so Steven went to his dad's house for a few hours - Avery decided that she didn't actually want to nap at all and didn't go down for one until 4 pm! When she finally went to sleep it was nice to have some alone time, I started watching the second season of Revenge (which is absolutely addicting!). I let Avery nap until 5:30 pm because we were going to a friend's house to watch the BSU game, we picked Steven's dad up on the way over there. I dressed Avery up in a little BSU cheer leader outfit, she looked adorable - she had a blast running around the back yard, chasing the dogs, and socializing. We stayed until 9:30 pm before having Steven drop us off at home. I put Avery to bed and enjoyed some more alone time while Steven went back to our friend's house to finish the game, I'm glad we left early because he didn't get home until after midnight haha.




Sunday was nice and mellow. We went to Shopko for baby clothes, they were 80% off, we got a few things. We also had Sunday dinner at my parents' house. It was a good week.


Avery Quinn - 19 months

No comments:

Post a Comment