Friday, September 27, 2013

The First Week of September

This week started off pretty nice - Steven had Monday off for Labor Day! We took advantage of the cool weather and took Avery for a nature walk. She had a blast running around, looking at the fish, and inspecting random flowers. On our way back to the car we realized there was a deer RIGHT next to the passenger side. At first we tried not to disturb it but after a minute or so I just walked right past it and got in the car, it didn't even mind me at all. It was a pretty cool way to end our walk.




The deer right next to our car

The next day I had a little issue with our new parking spot neighbors. Since we moved in we've had to deal with a HUGE truck parking extremely close to us, some days Steven would have to pull the car out just so we could get Avery in her car seat. When the big truck disappeared it was AMAZING - that awesome-ness lasted for about 2 weeks before we got a new parking spot neighbor. Our new neighbors have a small van/SUV looking thing but they feel the need to park over the line so that I'm still unable to open Avery's door. I left them a nice note saying that I can't get my kid in her car seat and would hate to scratch up their car trying to do so etc etc. I put the note on their wind shield and went to the store, I returned to find their car actually parked between the lines. It was such a relief to be able to open the doors again.


Day 112 Week 16

That afternoon while checking our finances I was really pleased to find that we had a bunch of money left. We've been really strict about our shopping habits, meal planning, and couponing - I was so happy to see it paying off. My happiness only lasted about 5 seconds before I realized that we had extra money because we had forgotten to pay the rent this month! The 1st was a Sunday and Monday the rental office was closed for Labor Day so rent completely left our minds. I immediately went to the bank and then to pay the rent. Afterwards we were poor again so the universe balanced itself out haha. After work Steven and I took Avery to Owyhee park, it was nice to decompress.

On Wednesday I took Avery to Ann Morrison Park for a play date. About 40 minutes after I had arrived I got a text from Ari saying that she and kids weren't going to make it to our play date, things came up. I was a little bummed out but Avery still had a great time - she played on the swings, play ground, and even played in the fountain. She wanted me to carry her back to the car but I made her soaking wet butt walk haha.




My mom came over after work for a visit. I had originally planned to hang out with Kristen but she and the kids were sick :/ With family pictures next week I decided not to risk hanging out. Again, I was pretty bummed out that I didn't get to hang out with any of my friends that day.

Thursday was the most horrifically long day in history. My decision to not hang out with Kristen the day before was a complete waste because Steven woke up with a sore throat and Avery had a runny nose, the same symptoms that Kristen and her kids had. Avery was a little ball of neediness, she wanted to be held every second that day, used me as a human tissue, and whined constantly. I woke up with a really bad headache and by the end of the day I thought my head might explode.

 Friday was better, for me at least. I picked up my mom for a lunch date :) After work we went to Costco to put gas in her car, we walked around Costco eating all the free samples.


Avery pushing me around Costco

I went to my parents' house about an hour later so we could go to the Meridian High School football game. Steven and Avery felt crappy but still went over to his grandparents' house for dinner. I had a really fun night, my dad left the game early but my mom, Jan, and I stayed and made jokes. The other parents seriously lacked team spirit and some looked at us funny when we participated in cheering and yelling "first down" whenever the team got one. It was really good to get out with adults.


Our bricks at the MHS football stadium




Yvette flew into Boise on Saturday - Steven, Avery and I picked her up from the airport. Yvette took us out to breakfast before we dropped her off at Mike's house. Steven wasn't feeling well that day so when Avery went down for a nap I ran to the store for cough drops. Yvette ended up watching Avery for a few hours that evening so Steven could rest and I could cook and freeze a bunch of chicken.
Sunday was the usual. We went to my parents' house for dinner.


Avery Quinn - 20 months!


No comments:

Post a Comment