Sunday, June 29, 2014

Mother's Day / The rest of May

We returned home from Montana on Mother's Day, and saying that I was spoiled this Mother's Day is an understatement. I got a new car!! And not just any car, its a Prius :):):) I am LOVING the great gas mileage already. I traded in my Dodge Neon when we got the Prius, the Neon did me well these past years but it was time for an upgrade. I got the Neon in high school, it was already used when I got it, and I put an additional 7 years of wear and tear into that car. I am now spoiled with a vehicle that has everything I need :) Keyless entry, automatic windows, amazing gas mileage, keyless start, and so much more!

My sweet new ride


Family breakfast


On a less exciting note, I had 3 biopsies done this month, it was not fun. I was awake for the biopsies with just a local anesthetic which creeped me out, but Steven was there for moral support. I went to work after they finished sewing me up, the biopsy sites swelled and bruised pretty bad, I was in a lot of pain. Surprisingly the pain lasted an entire week until I went back to have my stitches removed. It turns out my body did not like the type of stitches used and I was rejecting them. My body is so overly sensitive to everything since Avery was born, its crazy haha.



Hanging out with my best friend during her tattoo

We took Avery to the zoo this month with my parents. I love being able to include family in little activities like this while Avery grows up. I know Avery likely won't remember anything from her first year of life but its sad that my parents and in-laws missed out on all of Avery's firsts during that first year. The best part of the trip was feeding the giraffes, Avery fed them last year but this year she was tall enough to feed them herself. I expected her to be apprehensive of a giant creature eating from her hand but instead she marched right up to that giraffe and demanded he eat the lettuce haha.








Avery Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment