Sunday, August 3, 2014

Friday the 13th

June was a very interesting month full of ups and downs.

Steven took Avery camping with his parents which was a first. There was no cell service so for 3 days I had no idea how my baby was doing, it was pretty miserable actually. To kill time I put in some overtime at work and made shadow boxes for our Spartan race stuff. My loves came home safe and sound on Sunday evening with pictures and stories :)




This month was unlucky enough to have a Friday the 13th and what a day it was. To start things off I was late to work and spilled hot coffee on my hand, later that day there was an odd smell throughout the building so the employees were evacuated (the belt in the A/C unit blew), when we were allowed back into the building we had to keep the A/C off until it could be fixed, I was miserably hot the rest of the work day.


Waiting to be let back into the building

Mom and I had tickets to go to a Hawk's baseball game that evening, I had never been plus there were going to be fireworks so I was really excited. A few minutes into the game I got a phone call from Steven, all I could hear was Avery screaming bloody murder in the background. It turns out that Steven and Avery were making a giant fort in the living room, they needed an extra chair so Steven grabbed one from the patio, unfortunately there was a wasp's nest on the underbelly of the chair that fell off into the kitchen.... Avery picked up the wasp's nest and got stung a few times on the hand :( :( :( I raced home and found Steven and Avery in my bed with an ice pack on her hand and watching cartoons - the nest was still on the kitchen floor trapped by a cup. Steven and my mom were in charge of killing the wasps while Avery and I stayed upstairs (although we found a few still lingering in the house the next day). We managed to get Avery out of bed for ice cream but she complained several times about her hand hurting, it broke my heart.


Recovering from her traumatic injury


Avery Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment