Sunday, January 4, 2015

Out with the old, in with the new

This week was a fun one because some family from California drove up to spend the week with us :) My mom's younger brother and his family visited last year as well, I'm hoping it becomes a tradition because I really love seeing them.

Steven tried his hand out at predator hunting last Saturday with his dad. The pair were gone for nearly 12 hours and saw absolutely nothing haha. The next day Steven went snow tubing with my whole family like we did for our 3 year anniversary. Avery and I stayed home for obvious reasons on both days so it was a mommy-daughter weekend :)

I started prenatal yoga on Monday, honestly it was much more difficult than I expected. I was actually pretty sore the next day, it was embarrassing haha. There are only 2 other women in my class so it was nice to learn in a small group setting. My favorite part of the class was the 10 minute cool down at the end: we laid on our mats with a pillow and blanket in the dark :)

Steven and I saw something slightly disturbing this week :/ While picking up Avery from daycare we noticed a small baby alone in a car. The baby was awake, without a blanket when it was 20-something out, and in a very portable infant car seat. I didn't understand why a parent would leave the child but I tried to withhold judgement. I waited in the car while Steven went inside to get Avery and inform the daycare staff of the situation. Minutes ticked by and I was prepared to call the police if Steven returned before the baby's parent but just as I was looking up the number for dispatch the mother showed up. If looks could kill I'm positive that woman would have dropped dead from the glare Steven gave her. Again, I am trying to withhold judgement since I do not know the struggles of two children yet, but I am really hoping I never get to a point where I am complacent enough or lazy enough to just leave either of my children in the car. Unfortunately, there are only 19 states that have laws in place making illegal to leave a child unattended in a vehicle, Idaho is not one of them :(

2015!!

The year started off great with a family trip to McCall. We went on a sleigh ride pulled by 3 Clydesdale into a herd of elk. The seats on the sleigh are hay bales so the elk came right up to you and ate the hay under your butt haha. Avery thought the elk were adorable, she initially thought they were Santa's reindeer but then decided that since most of them didn't have antlers they couldn't be. It was awesome to do the sleigh ride with Avery since Steven and I did the sleigh ride during our honeymoon.



The rest of the long weekend was pretty fun. Steven and I took Avery out to Red Robin for her birthday dinner, we let her order whatever she wanted which ended up being mac-n-cheese and carrots. After dinner the staff sang "If it's your birthday (happy) and you know it clap your hands", Avery was clapping like crazy, then they brought her a giant sundae.




My uncle and his family left for California early on the 2nd. We're hoping to take a trip to California next year, Steven is dying to take Avery to Disneyland, plus it will be the first time our extended family get to meet the new baby. It will be interesting to see how the whole family gets to California though. I will 100% be flying alone with 2 kids before I make that drive with them. At this point, I think Steven will be driving while we fly. With the recent string of plane crashes and the fact that 2 years ago we had a very traumatic flight I am starting to think that he may never willingly board a plane again. It will be interesting but we have a year to work out the logistics :)

Baby Lyon

I am 11 weeks pregnant now and the baby is the size of a lime. Nothing too exciting has happened pregnancy-wise. I'm pretty sure the morning sickness is completely gone but I still have little to no appetite. I picked up a few flowy shirts this week, I'm not ready for maternity shirts but my regular shirts are uncomfortably snug. 


11 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment