Saturday, May 16, 2015

The days are flying by

My pregnancy is flying by these days! I am now 30 weeks pregnant – only 10 more to go (I hope). Our baby girl is not in the proper position for birth like she should be but my doctor is giving her another 6 weeks to get there. I am understandably exhausted these days, insomnia is rearing its ugly head again :/ Getting up for work every morning is turning into a serious chore, I miss my housewife days when I could focus solely on my health and comfort.


Steven and I are trying to focus on baby-prep in these final weeks. We have a small stockpile of diapers and wipes, nothing close to what we will truly need though. My aunt sent us several boxes of baby clothes which was such an amazing gift! I had gotten rid of almost all of Avery’s baby items before we moved here from Korea so the clothing was desperately needed. The cherry on top was receiving a very generous gift card from Steven’s co-workers which got us the remaining baby gear we needed. Now all we need is a baby!

My mom and best friend are throwing me a baby shower next month. I am really excited this time around because I had my shower with Avery while still in my 2nd trimester because we were living overseas at the time. My grandmother is flying up from California for the shower, I can’t wait!


Still completely obsessed with Cars haha
Cars jammies, Cars book, 2 stuffed cars, on her Cars couch

Avery is growing like a weed these days, she apparently didn’t get the memo that she’s supposed to stay my baby forever. She recently became fully 100% potty trained!! I am enjoying these diaper-less days before we have a newborn. Avery’s been day trained for nearly a year but nights were a struggle for us, she didn’t have liquids at/before bed time but still had accidents. After a few weeks of dry diapers we switched to a cloth diaper, and after a few weeks dry in that we made the switch fully to panties at bedtime – she hasn’t had a single accident (knock on wood).


Learning to swaddle at her sibling preparation class

I met with Avery’s pre-school teacher last month for her evaluation and I was surprised to hear that she is way ahead of her peers on almost every level. We are constantly told how smart Avery is but I assume people are just being polite, hearing that she’s advanced from her teacher and seeing her work portfolio kind of solidified that notion for me. Steven and I have increased the amount of money we put in her college fund each month, we can’t let that brain go to waste!


Avery's dance recital - her ballet outfit


And with Uncle Quinn in her tap outfit


All in all the Lyon family is doing well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment