Sunday, April 29, 2012

On the Road Again


This week has been eventful! On Monday Avery and I took a Key Caller class at ACS (Army Community Service). I've been wanting to get more involved and this is a great start. The job entails calling other spouses in Maintenance to let them know what's going on. I started calling people immediately because we had an FRG (family readiness group) meeting the next night. Avery kept us pretty distracted during the meeting but dinner was provided so it wasn't all bad :)

I left Avery with a baby sitter for the first time this week, it was awful leaving her! We left her with my friend Pagi while I took care of some things for my license. I was only gone 2 hours but it felt like forever. Afterwards I went back to Pagi's. We ate pizza and watched a movie then baked cookies for the company BBQ. Pagi and I went on base at 3 to get my license but silly me forgot the stroller and had to lug Avery's car seat around. My first destination as a licensed woman was Starbucks :D It was a good day for the Lyon family. Steven had spent the day doing a mission so he got to ride around in a Black Hawk.



Friday was the company BBQ. Steven went into work for a few hours in civilians and then got released. The BBQ was at the Super Park (well the pavilion next to the Super Park). It was a warm sunny day :) Pagi and I got iced beverages from Starbucks to stay cool. After a few hours at the BBQ the 5 of us (Pagi, her husband Eric, Steven, Avery and I) headed to Osan AB, our goal: cute baby clothes. I'm smaller than I was when I got married which I love but it also means my rings don't fit anymore. My wedding band is very loose and my diamond ring (which Steven gave me at 9 months pregnant) is 2 sizes too big now. After we shopped in Osan's BX we headed out to the ville to get my diamond ring re-sized. I get it back on Wed, my finger feels bare without it. Avery was amazing during our Friday adventure. She slept through clothes shopping, the ville and most of the drive home!


Watching TV while Steven makes home improvements - iPad win

My husband turned 23 this week! I made him pancakes and eggs although he had to come make my over easy eggs for me <3 Last year for Steven's birthday we found out I was pregnant. Its only been a year since I knew of Avery's existence but it feels like she's been a part of our lives forever. This year I went with actual presents which Steven had opened several days beforehand when they arrived in the mail lol. We decided to go bowling with Pagi and Eric. It worked out great because it was also Eric's birthday. Steven annihilated us! The boys wanted to see Avengers. I was hesitant because we had Avery but she had fallen asleep in the bowling alley so we chanced it. We headed to AK Plaza and had dinner at Kraze Burger then played in the arcade for a bit waiting for the movie. Avery had stayed asleep up until the preview then freaked out. I immediately left the theater but after 30 minutes of trying to calm her down I gave up and went to the truck. Once I got Avery back to sleep I spent the next 2 hours playing Bejeweled. My game was interrupted by some [insert bad word here] backing into my truck. I got out to check for damage, the driver glanced at me then walked away. Ugh Korean drivers make me so mad. At 11pm Steven, Pagi and Eric got out of the movie. Apparently it was awesome so hopefully it comes out soon. 

Avery and I slept in until 11:30 on Sunday (well the motherhood version of sleeping in: wake, nurse, fall back asleep, wake, nurse, fall back asleep, etc etc). Once we finally dragged ourselves out of bed we had a mountain of chores waiting for us. We went on base to do our laundry and while the clothes were in the dryer we did our grocery shopping. When we got home Steven did the dishes while I folded clothes. We were very productive. Avery refused to go to sleep so we stuck her in the stroller and took a family walk. I love my family <3

Avery Quinn - 16 weeks old

No comments:

Post a Comment