Monday, August 27, 2012

Teething Baby = Late Blog


Spouse's bowling league ended this week :( We played our last game on Wednesday, well technically Pagi played our last game (I was having severe back pain which kept me from bowling but I still went to root her on and our team member has only ever showed up a handful of times). Pagi and I are terrible bowlers, there is no denying that, yet we somehow got first place in the league! Steven and Eric did not believe us when we told them because of course the one day they came to watch us bowl we threw gutter balls the entire time. Our bowling party/award ceremony was scheduled for Friday. We were excited for our husbands to see us get our first place ribbon but they got stuck at work preparing for the typhoon and missed it :/ Steven hung my ribbon up on the wall when we got home :D



Tastes like victory

Avery had been a terror all Saturday long. That evening we realized she was teething. I was up with Avery all night, nothing worked to soothe her. Around 3 or 4am Steven got up with me (I was so tired I honestly can't remember if I woke him or if Avery's screaming did). It was a very rough night for everyone. Of course this teething spell decided to strike at the worst possible time because I was hosting Pagi's baby shower at my house the next day. It was the first time having guests (other than Pagi) in my home so I wanted the house to be spotless and everything perfect but that didn't happen. Sunday morning Avery was still in pain so she was super needy and clingy. She wanted nothing to do with Steven so I was running around on zero sleep trying to cook and clean with only one hand and a strict time restraint. Thankfully Pagi came over early to help me get the house ready while Steven went on base to get me coffee and last minute supplies. Before the bowling party on Friday Pagi and I had gone to a Korean dollar store (well won store I guess) to get decorations and prizes for the shower. Pagi and I did our best but the first guest arrived before we were finished. Steven took off before the house filled with Estrogen.


I'm not sure what is worse: the spelling errors of the fact that they sell dog meat


There were 15 of us (if you count all the kids that came). We played games, ate delicious food and cake and watched Pagi open her gifts. The shower lasted a bit longer than expected so Steven showed up to a house full of women and children. He grabbed a plate of food and adjourned to the bedroom while we finished up. After everyone left I was shocked at how beyond destroyed my house was: sticky watermelon hand prints on everything, pictures knocked over, crackers smashed into a million pieces in the carpet, slices of turkey and ham on the floor and magazines ripped to shreds! I'm really not looking forward to Avery learning how to walk now, I will never have a clean house again!! The destruction was worth it though because Pagi got a lot of cute stuff and every mom deserves a baby shower. 


The amazing cake 



Mom-to-be

That evening Avery cut her first tooth!!! Her gums are still very tender so she won't let me snap a photo of it. Hopefully she will cooperate by next week's blog :)


Avery Quinn - 7 1/2 months

No comments:

Post a Comment