Sunday, August 19, 2012

Videos of Avery :)

Steven had this week off of work which gave us some valuable couple time. On Monday we dropped Avery off at daycare in the morning and ran some errands. We did laundry at the laundrette on base first. I despise not having my own washer and dryer, oh the little things I used to take for granted in the states... Steven and I put our clothes in the washer and went into the ville sine we had exactly 28 minutes to kill. We came back to find some old creeper taking all of our clothes out of the washers. The conversation when like this:
Creeper: Are you mad? This guy said you'd be mad (he gestured to a man that had apparently told him not to touch my stuff). Me: Not mad but its weird. Creeper: Its not weird. Me: Its weird dude, you're touching my panties. Creeper: Its not weird, people touch my clothes all the time.
The entire time we were debating the weirdness of the situation the creeper continued to touch my clothing. That is the last time I change my routine and do laundry on a Monday!


The next day Steven took Avery to day care which gave me an hour of absolute alone time. I didn't know what to do with myself! I actually took my time getting ready (before Avery was born it would take me roughly an hour to get ready everyday). When Steven got back we took a trip to Osan AB. Steven had been in a baking mood lately and I had been in a wanting to eat freshly baked cookies mood but we couldn't find buttermilk at our local commissary. Osan's commissary had a powdered version which was as good as it was going to get. Steven tried his hand at red velvet creme cakes but they were a total fail. He redeemed himself with chocolate chip cookies from scratch that were DELICIOUS!!



Random blast from the past - exactly one year ago I was 20 weeks pregnant :)

For those of you who don't know, 90% of military wives are obsessed with creating drama. Now take those drama wives and stick them in a country where jobs for Americans are almost non-existent and they are isolated and bored. Sounds pretty bad, right? Well it gets worse, they all have access to Facebook. Yes, drama mongering bored women on Facebook for 8-12 hours straight creating drama out of thin air. I've had to deal with this for a year and a half. During summer vacation when all the kids are at home bugging their moms the drama gets even more intense because they are annoyed that they actually have to do something productive. This week alone I've been called a bitch 7 times (along with several other names), told I am a horrible mother and want my baby to die because she goes to daycare for a few hours a week, I'm a child trapped in a woman's body and that I don't love my child because I don't cloth diaper her. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. It makes me really appreciate my family and friends back home. I love you guys.


I am grateful to have a few good friends here in Korea too. On Friday night we had dinner with Pagi and Eric. We tried out Chatroulette, watched some funny videos and had a great meal. Pagi is due in a few short weeks (although I'm sure they seem endless to her). We have been planning her baby shower! Its my first time throwing a shower so hopefully it goes well and is memorable for her.


On Saturday night Steven played a night air soft game. He came home a little after midnight covered in what seems to be bites. He counted 34 bites, 28 of those on just one arm!! No one else he was playing with got bit by mosquitoes so we aren't sure what actually got him considering he was wearing bug spray and long sleeves. Ghost bugs?

Sunday was very mellow. Steven was recovering from his late night of air soft while I was recovering from feeling generally rundown. I've been overly exhausted for several days and I'm just not sure how its possible considering Steven has been super dad this week - feeding, bathing, playing, getting up at night, the works. On top of him being home all week to help out, Avery has gone to day care a few hours this week giving me time to relax and her sleeping has greatly improved which means so has mine. I think sleep is poisonous to my system lol. Even with how cruddy I feel today was definitely one of those days where I couldn't get over how lucky I am to have Steven and Avery in my life.



Avery Quinn


No comments:

Post a Comment