Sunday, December 9, 2012

Eleven Months Old


It started snowing in Korea this week. Thankfully it was just a light coat because Steven had to get up at 230 am to take a co-worker and her family to the air port. He got home right as Avery was getting up for the day so I got to sleep in :)

Over the week we got more snow. It didn't seem like much snow to me but things on base were shut down and the schools were closed for 3 days. I finally got a chance to try out the 4-wheel drive in our truck, it was a smooth ride.



Steven braving the "storm"

Avery got to open a present on Thursday with her grandma (Steven's mom) over Skype. Steven took Avery to the tree and let her pick a gift. It took forever for her to rip the wrapping paper but she had so much fun doing it. Avery got a bunch of really cute socks!




On Friday, Avery and I were signed up for a Christmas craft workshop but it was cancelled due to snow :( I took her on base anyway to run a few errands. Avery cut an upper tooth that day and needed the distraction.


Avery's super long hair


Braided to keep the bangs out of her face

Saturday was an interesting day for me. I threw a baby shower for my friend Addie who is pregnant with her second child. Addie's due date is January 5th, one day before Avery's due date :) Its crazy to think how Addie and I were on the same pregnancy time line - that mixed with the fact that my baby turned 11 months old that day did not help my baby fever. We had the baby shower at Addie's house, the snacks were so good! Avery had a blast tormenting Addie's 4 year old and chasing after her dogs. It was a great day.



Playing with Dude at Addie's house

We ended the week on an eventful note. The three of us made the drive to Osan and had lunch. Steven, Avery and I shared quesadillas and chicken enchilada soup. Since Steven and I are inseparable Christmas shopping has been a challenge. We went to the BX and strolled the aisles checking things out then split up and shopped for each other. Steven took Avery in a cart and I walked around pushing an empty stroller getting weird looks haha.

Avery was a bit whiny on the way back to the truck so I decided to sit in back with her. We hadn't even been driving for five minutes when she projectile vomited all over herself and then vomited again on me - it was awful. When we got home she napped for almost 3 hours, my poor baby.


Princess Avery Quinn - 11 months old!

No comments:

Post a Comment