Sunday, December 16, 2012

Our last month in Korea


I finally got back into the gym this week and it felt so good! Between my knee injury, Avery teething and flu season I haven't been able to get a good workout in months. Avery and I went to Mommy & Me stroller class on Monday morning. It was my first time working with the new instructor, she was great. Avery sat quietly in her stroller as I did laps, squats, and lunges. She also gave me raspberries on my belly when we were focusing on our core. During class Avery became friends with a 10 month old little girl - they were clapping, crawling and touching each other's feet and hair - it was adorable!


Playing at the gym

After class I was supposed to meet a fellow Army wife to sell her Avery's old snow suits. I waited for 15 minutes and sent her several messages but she never showed up. I was grumpy about being stood up and treated myself to Starbucks. That evening I made delicious home made chili in our living room! I cooked the chili in our crock pot but the power cord is only about 10 inches long and can't reach any of the American outlets in our kitchen. Anytime I cook a crock pot meal it is done so in the living room lol.

On Tuesday Avery and I went to the CDC for arts & crafts. Avery made baby feet reindeer and a Christmas card :)


Making Christmas crafts


Car seat central

After MONTHS of waiting around the Army finally gave us orders to go home!! On Wednesday we found out that we'll be home in January. I'm very happy but there is SO much to do in such a short amount of time. Right after getting our orders the truck broke down, it could not have been worse timing. Since we couldn't get anything that day we decided to spend it relaxing. Steven watched Avery so that I could go get my hair done. My hairdresser was kind enough to pick me up and drop me off, I'm going to miss her. When I got home I took over baby duty so that Steven could get the truck to a mechanic.


I went dark :)

We did not get good new truck-wise. The cost of repairing it would pretty much equal what we could sell it for :( I knew the truck didn't have much life left in it when we bought it. The mechanic offered to buy the truck from us, in exchange he would repair the truck for free and let us continue to use it until we leave.
On Thursday we finally announced to the (facebook) world that we were coming home, everyone was overjoyed. No one suggested we 'meet up/hang out/anything like that' which was such a relief. We've lived in Korea for 2 years so obviously we want to see everyone, I'm so glad people seemed to understand that we are going to need our space for a few weeks until we're settled and adjusted to the time difference.

Avery and I were supposed to have another arts & crafts class on Friday but it was cancelled due to weather. Steven was on base running around like a mad man trying to get everything squared away for our move, it gave me time to clean. I was on my feet all day cleaning but I realized at the end of the day that the house looked no different (except for one small corner of the living room). This is going to be a very stressful move!


Playing at the laundrette

This week was so hectic that by the time Saturday rolled around we had completely forgotten it was Parent Date Night. An hour before we were supposed to drop off Avery it finally dawned on us. Earlier in the week I had pre-ordered tickets to see The Hobbit, Steven was very excited. After dropping off Avery we ate at our favorite burger place (for the last time :[ ) and made our way to AK Plaza for the movie. Parking was a nightmare! The parking garage attendants were making parking impossible, they stood in front of the long line of cars until a single spot opened up, it took almost 20 minutes to get a spot. We got into the theater with a few minutes to spare thankfully. The movie was pretty good even though I had no idea what was going on lol. Avery was still wide awake and playing when we picked her up.


Watching Korean TV at the optics shop


Playing at the CDC during date night

Avery was a mess on Sunday. She recently cut her first top tooth, had a few days of relief, then started cutting the other one. She followed me around the house like a lost puppy all day and even clutched my legs crying "momma" if I ignored her for 5 seconds to do the dishes. Avery wanted nothing to do with Steven which made it that much worse. All I can say is that top tooth better be out by the time we leave. I do not want to deal with a teething baby on a 12 hour flight!


Avery Quinn - 11 months 1 week

No comments:

Post a Comment