Sunday, January 27, 2013

12 Month Appointment


Steven's mother, Yvette, flew back to San Diego this week. Avery, Yvette, and I had breakfast at Goldy's - the bistro Steven works at. Avery didn't recognize Steven in his uniform even though he was waving and calling her name. After breakfast we went to Carter's and went crazy on the sales rack :) That evening we took Avery to Yvette's house while Steven and I had a date night. We had a lovely dinner at the Melting Pot, the food was great. Afterwards Steven took me to Ceramica. Steven made a picture frame and I made him a shark bank - It was an amazing evening!


Yummy dinner 

Wednesday morning was our WIC appointment. I had high hopes for WIC Idaho but they were instantly dashed. WIC Overseas had so many options but WIC Idaho had none :/ They refused to give Avery formula (even if she had a doctor's note). Steven and I drink organic milk but WIC refused to allow that :/ I was very disappointed with them. Avery had to get her toe pricked to check her iron levels. She didn't care about the prick at all but freaked out when the nurse put the band aid on her foot, she hates band aids.


Avery and Mimi

Avery had her 12 month well baby appointment on Friday. My best friend, Kristen, came with me for emotional support since Avery had to get shots. Since it was Avery's first time at St. Al's Pediatrics I had plenty of paperwork to fill out. Avery weighed 21.1 lbs and was 2.5 ft tall :) She spent most of the appointment crawling around the exam room in just a diaper touching everything. I really like Avery's new pediatrician, she was very kind and didn't give me a hard time when I decided to split up her shots. Avery needed 5 shots so I chose to give her 3 at that appointment and the other 2 the next week. My baby was so brave, she only cried for a second after her shots. The pediatrician gave her a squeaky toy and a book - which she read the entire drive home :)

That evening Avery slept in bed with me for the first time since she was 2 months old. I didn't sleep at all but instead spent that time cradling her like a newborn. It broke my heart that she was uncomfortable but I thoroughly enjoyed her sleeping in my arms again.

The next morning Avery was feeling much better. We went to the Dodge dealership and got our Durango keys programmed. Afterwards I dropped a few of my maternity clothes to my friend Laura - we worked together at Wendy's YEARS ago and is currently expecting her first child :D


That evening I got to see a bunch of my old skydiving buddies, we had a bowling night at Pinz. Steven was supposed to come with me but was exhausted from worked and ended up staying home, instead my mom and Avery came :) Avery was so intrigued by all the sights and sounds that she spent most of the night crawling around exploring while either my mom or myself tailed her. I was doing pretty awful bowling wise but 3 strikes at the end of the game saved me and I managed to secure second place :) My skydiving crew isn't the type to turn in early but Avery is so we left after only one game. Well, we tried to leave, but silly me locked the keys in the car.... My wonderful husband came to rescue. Overall, it was a great week.


Avery and I bowling :)



Avery Quinn 

No comments:

Post a Comment