Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Finally All Moved In


I'm sorry for posting so late but we recently moved and it has been hectic. Lets see if I can get everyone updated on the past two weeks.

We began moving on Tuesday the 5th. Steven went to the apartment bright and early to be there when RC Willey delivered our new living room furniture. After the furniture arrived he rented a moving truck and we began a very tiring day. Kristen was kind enough to babysit Avery for a few hours while we moved, living on the second floor has its disadvantages. Moving was exhausting but only took 2 hours. That evening Steven and I slept on a mattress on the floor in my parents' house :)

My mom took Wednesday off to spend the day watching Avery. Steven and I had to be at the apartment by 8 am to wait for our HHG (household goods) to arrive. The moving company told us they would be at the apartment somewhere between 8 am and 5 pm. The day was pretty boring until the movers showed up. We had about 40 boxes/items that were being delivered which honestly is on the very very small side compared to most military families. Steven was in charge of making sure all of our items were accounted for. It was a bit difficult at times because the Koreans who had packed our stuff weren't great at writing in English haha.
My parents brought Avery over at 5 pm. I had made Chicken Stuff (crock pot cream of chicken, chicken breast, and garlic over rice) and we had a nice family dinner in our new home :) I had primarily focused on unpacking Avery's room that day so it was perfect for her when she arrived. Steven and I were beyond exhausted by the time we got to bed.


Our first night in the new place

The first night in the apartment was a success. Avery slept through the night but woke up at 530. Steven was getting up for work at that time so we had some morning family time. After Steven left I put Avery back to bed and we slept for another 3 hours :) I LOVE having my own place again. I feel like an adult again, no longer staying with my parents. Our upstairs neighbors are the LOUDEST people on earth though. They get up around 5 am and don't go to bed until midnight - they stomp up and down the hall all day long.

The first day in our new place was messy. When Avery went down for her nap she threw up all over her crib, blanket, night-night lion, herself, and the floor. She got an early bath and I got to try out our washing machine. When she was feeling better we went up the road to have lunch with my mom at work. It was nice seeing a few of my old co-workers :)

On Friday Avery and I picked up Yvette (my mother in law) from the airport. She brought Avery a toy dog on a leash. Avery walked the dog from the car all the way to Goldy's where we went for breakfast.
That afternoon Avery was cracking me up. We were playing in her room and she suddenly said it was "nigh-nigh" time. She brought me her night-night lion, blanket, a diaper, wipes and even a bottle :) Avery is definitely a girl who knows what she wants.


Walking with grandma Yvette

Living alone is great, living in an apartment is not great. By the time Saturday rolled around I was ready to kill my upstairs neighbors. Every night from 8 pm to midnight they STOMP around the entire house. They've woken up Avery a few times but the big problem is that I can't fall asleep with all the noise. I sit awake (and alone since Steven can sleep through their stomping) until midnight every night. I can't go to sleep until they do, its ridiculous. Saturday was especially bad though, I swear they were lifting the couches and then dropping them, stuff in my house was shaking! I stormed up to their apartment and pounded on the door but no one answered, they probably couldn't hear me over their own noise. I left a note and basically said STFU.

Monday and Tuesday are Steven's weekend which mean they are sort of my weekend too :) On Tuesday Steven took Avery to Goldy's for breakfast so I could sleep in. About an hour later I heard a knock on the door. Avery was standing there holding an iced coffee for me :) She toddled inside, tripped, and spilled the entire drink on the carpet lol. To top it off Steven forgot to bring my breakfast home. No breakfast, no coffee, but a very loving family :)

That afternoon the three of us went to the aquarium. I had never been so it was really fun. Avery touched a sting ray and then licked her hand YUCK!!! She ran around the entire place and closely examining every fish. Avery and I fed the birds before we left. The aquarium employee said most kids freak out when the birds start flying around but Avery was perfectly content. It was a great day!





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday was absolutely beautiful! Avery and I walked around the apartment complex exploring. We stopped at every park we came across and played, Avery loves the swings. Mitch and his son, Cooper, came over for dinner that evening. Steven had made gnocci casarole, it was delicious.



Avery and Cooper

Kristen, Conner, and Cassius came over for a play date on Saturday. Conner had a blast playing with all the "new" toys and Avery enjoyed following him around. After a bit we went to Ann Morrison park to meet up with a Boise Moms & Tots group. Taush (Kristen's older sister) joined us as well, she brought her son and the little girl she baby sits. Only one mom & tot showed up from the group so I'm glad I invited Kris and that she invited Taush. The kids were running around like crazy and having the time of their life.



Kristen helping Conner and Avery down the slide with Cassius strapped to her chest

When Steven got off work we went to his parents' house for dinner. Yvette, Avery and I went to Chili's to pick up some food, we decided to eat there. Every single thing we ordered had something wrong with it - Yvette's sandwich was missing the cheese and bacon, her sweet potato fries looked they were encrusted with diamonds because of how much salt was on them, I was given the wrong soup, so on and so forth. It was frustrating.

Saint Patrick's Day. I put Avery in a cute little outfit, I wasn't going to this year but figured I don't have much longer before she wants to pick her own clothes. Sunday was also family dinner night at my parents' house. Quinn had to work and Ashley wasn't feeling well so it was just the 5 of us. We had enchiladas but they somehow morphed into a Mexican lasagna - it was still delicious.


Monday was amazing. Steven and I had a much needed date night while Yvette baby sat. We had a double date with Quinn and Ashley at Dave & Buster's. I didn't many tickets but Quinn won 1,000 tickets on his first try! Steven and I managed to earn enough tickets for a head scratcher, cute owl night light, and a little basket ball for Avery :)



The next day was pretty mellow. We went to Plato's Closet to get me a 'new' pair of jeans. I tried on roughly 20 shirts and pants - my self esteem was so low by the time we left the store. I managed to find a pair of jeans but they were a size larger than I normally wear, I really need to step up my workout routine if I want to wear a bikini this summer. That evening was girls' night at Jeca's house. Ironically it was also a wrap party, the wraps apparently help you lose inches around your waist. I didn't participate because personally I think its a load of crap. I did have a really good time though.

Big news happened his week: Avery pooped in the potty!!! I didn't want to be 'that mom' who talks about her kid's bathroom habits but I can't help myself. When she got up from her nap she kept saying 'poop' so I took off her diaper and sat her on the toilet. I was so proud when she actually did it!


Avery Quinn - 14 months
Ok we are finally caught up :)


No comments:

Post a Comment