Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring is Here - NOT


This week started out on a tragic note. On Wednesday, Steven got a phone call informing him that his great grandmother had passed away. When he got off work we went over to his grandparents' house to offer our support. After a few hours at their house we went to my parents' house for dinner.



The next morning I woke up with the worst headache. Avery was in a terrible mood that day because I spent most of the day laying on the floor in agony rather than playing with her. She spent the day screaming, crying, and throwing tantrums which only caused my migraine to worsen. By the time Avery went to bed I was sobbing like a baby in the bathtub from the pain. It was not a good day.

Friday was a much better day, my migraine was gone! Avery and I picked up my mom from work and went out to lunch. Mom had an Applebee's gift card so that was the obvious choice, afterwards we got coffee. I love our lunch dates :)


Saturday sucked, that's all there is to it. It started out promising - I went to Meridian to hang out with Ashley. Avery went down for a nap the moment we got to my mom's house which meant I got to go shopping baby-free. The trip was a total failure, Ashley and I had gone bathing suit shopping but despite my workout efforts my body is NOT bikini ready. I looked awful in everything I tried on and left the store with low spirits. Avery was still asleep when we got back. Steven called a little while later to tell me that the Neon wouldn't start... I've put SO much money into that damn thing that its ridiculous. Thankfully Steven's dad picked him up and we met them over at his grandparents' house for Grandpa's birthday.



Daddy blowing bubbles


Avery helped herself to some of grandma's cake





Sunday - family dinner as usual :)


Drawing with Quinn and Ashley

Monday was so so busy but the fun kind. My in-laws came over nice and early, Yvette was baby sitting Avery while Steven, Mike, and I went to the gun range. I originally wanted nothing to do with guns but over time I realized that I would rather be well informed and trained should I ever need to defend myself or my family. Between Steven and Mike I couldn't have been in better hands - both have grown up around guns, certified in safety and Steven has his military background. I started out on Mike's 9mm Beretta. We used paper plates as targets and to be honest I'm surprised I even hit it. After firing off a few magazines and hitting the target every time I was comfortable enough to try Mike's .45 1911. It fit awkwardly in my hand and I decided to switch to Steven's XD .45 instead. I had much better accuracy with the .45 which was exciting. Steven put an Osama zombie target and set it at the very end of the range (100 ft) to simulate a mall shooter situation. I was able to put all 5 rounds into Osama's neck and chest!




After a few hours at the gun range we dropped off Mike, then I dropped off Steven at my parents' house - he and my brother were going golfing :) Steven came home a few hours later and we decided a date night was in order. Yvette came back over around 7 pm to watch Avery while we saw Olympus Has Fallen. By the end of the day we were exhausted :)

The next day was pretty mellow. We ran a few errands and I got new supplies for cross stitching - I'm excited to start some new projects.


Avery Quinn - 14 months

No comments:

Post a Comment