Friday, April 12, 2013

Easter


Two weeks behind, as usual. Avery has been teething non-stop and I haven't had a second to myself. A quick, rough update of the end of March:
We finally got the Neon fixed for only $35 thankfully.
Kristen and I attempted Easter photos but the kids weren't being cooperative.



I've been taking nightly walks which are amazing - time to myself + exercise :)
We took Avery to the doctor because she's been severely constipated (an hour of crying and screaming before she can produce a bowel movement) and puking for almost 2 months now. The doctor suspects Avery has an allergy to milk protein (not to be confused with lactose intolerance, they are completely different) so we're trying out soy milk instead. She weighs 23 lbs now.
Steven and I went to a wedding. We got to slow dance and I got a very, very rare view of Steven drinking an alcoholic beverage.


Easter was fun this year. Avery had a blast Easter egg hunting and chasing bubbles. We ate way too much delicious food at my parents' house.



APRIL - a new month, a new adventure.
On the first Steven and I took Avery to the Boise zoo. Oddly enough Avery didn't seem to care about any of the zoo animals, instead she was interested in bushes and benches lol. The high light of our day was getting to feed the giraffes :) Avery was beyond excited when the giraffe ate a piece of lettuce out of her hand. It was a great day.




Tuesday was equally amazing - Steven let me sleep in! He took me out to breakfast and afterwards I went and got my hair done while he watched Avery. A little bit of ME time was wonderful.

Avery's teething situation made a turn for the worse by the end of the week. Steven was put in charge at work which meant he had to go back into work at night to do whatever people in charge of a restaurant have to do. I put Avery down for bed at 8 pm and by 8:05 pm she had thrown up all over herself and her crib. I re-bathed her and we spent the next few hours cuddling. Around midnight she puked again, so again she was bathed. From midnight to 4 am she cried and was inconsolable. I woke Steven up to take over so I could get at least an hour of sleep. He finally woke up around 5:30 am and took over for me. Holy teething baby!

On Saturday I dropped off Avery at my mom's house. I was in desperate need of a nap! Jan called while I was trying to sleep to ask if I would baby sit her nephew Jayden. Her grandmother passed away so Jan and her two sisters were leaving town. I was asked to watch Jayden from Tuesday to Sunday. Although I've never taken care of a (nearly) 5 year old before and the last time I "met" him was when his mother was pregnant with him, I agreed. Jan is practically family and it seemed like I was their only option.

Family dinner on Sunday was okay. We had good food but were forced to watch the Call of Duty world championship instead of a show I actually like. Jan brought Jayden over to meet me. I was told that Jan's sister messed up and scheduled their flight for a day earlier than intended so I had to take Jayden a day early. That sucked because Steven and I had a romantic date night planned but we were forced to cancel.

On Monday we started babysitting Jayden. My mom had the day off so she took Jan and her sisters to the airport then dropped Jayden off at my house afterwards. We didn't want to sit in the house on Steven's day off so we decided to go to Hastings and grocery shopping. When we got to Hastings Jayden hopped out of the car before we had a chance to even remove our seat belts. I don't think he was expecting the height of the Durango because he fell, I asked him to wait to be let out of the car especially in parking lots. We let Jayden pick a Ninja Turtles movie and we got a movie for ourselves. Next we went to Winco to grocery shop. Jayden didn't listen again and tried to get out of the car before Steven had even put it in park. This time however he smashed our door into a brand new Subaru. He put a big dent and silver paint into the side of the car. Just as I was putting Avery into her stroller a woman walks up and gets into the car, she didn't seem to notice the damage, I'm hoping he put a dent into an already existing dent.

When we got back home we realized that although we had an air mattress for Jayden to sleep on, we had left the pump at my mom's house. Steven and I took turns pumping the air mattress up with a bike pump. By 8 pm Avery was in bed and by 9 pm Jayden was in bed. Since Jayden was sleeping in the living room Steven and I were forced to hide out in the bedroom and quietly watch a movie on his laptop. About 20 minutes into the movie Avery starts screaming bloody murder, her teeth were killing her :( I had given her Tylenol and Motrin right before bed but it barely helped with the pain. She stayed up until almost midnight crying non-stop. We never finished the movie and by the end of day one watching Jayden I was completely overwhelmed.

The next morning I woke up at 10 am. I jumped out of bed figuring that Jayden was probably just sitting in the living room starving to death but he was still asleep, everyone was still asleep. I took advantage of being the only one awake (for the first time ever) and got ready without rushing, doing it one-handed, or having a little person cling onto my leg crying because I'm not holding her. It was so nice. Just as I finished getting ready everyone else woke up. Steven let me know that Jayden had wet the bed even though he was wearing pull-ups. I washed his PJs and the bed sheets before we left the house. We took the kids to the Discovery Center, I had never been to the Boise one. Only one room was open because they were breaking down the Body exhibit so tickets were half priced. Avery had a blast playing in the baby area! Jayden complained of being bored and wanting to leave after we had only been there a short while so I still haven't seen everything in that one room, we'll have to go back when he's no longer in our care.




Steven had a golf date with Quinn and two guys from work so we all went over to my mom's house. The course was in Boise but I didn't want to be left home alone with the two kids so Steven dropped me off at my parent's house and picked up my brother at the same time. My dad was having a slow day at work so he was able to help entertain Jayden. My mom got home a few hours later which gave me a much needed second to myself. Jayden started complaining about being bored again so we took the kids to the park. Avery discovered how much fun slides are. She went down by herself about 10 times before I decided to take her home because of the strong winds. We had dinner at my parents' house which was nice because Jayden had eaten 7 times that day already and I cannot keep up with the dishes. The kids fell asleep in the car on the drive home. I was more than happy to camp out in the car all night rather than wake them and have to put them back to sleep - Steven didn't agree and woke them up lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment