Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Molars :/

This week started out pretty good. On Monday Kristen and Matt dropped off their boys so they could go to an appointment. Avery had just woken up from a nap when they arrived so she was a little standoffish. The kids had a good time playing in Avery's room, its funny how she won't touch a toy for months but as soon as Conner plays with it its interesting again. Conner said he wanted to go outside and Avery was getting bored so I took the kids to the park. Conner is almost 3 (which is REALLY hard for me to believe/accept), Avery is a year and a half, and Cassius is 9 months so it was interesting getting to the park by myself. I had Steven help me bring the kids downstairs to avoid any injuries. I wore Cassius on my chest, Avery sat in the stroller, and Conner walked next to me to the park. Thankfully our park is gated so I didn't have to worry about anyone wandering off. Avery and Conner ran around the park like they've never been outside before, Cassius was being a little angel and snuggling :) As we were walking home Matt and Kristen pulled up, it was perfect timing. Cassius had fallen asleep on the walk home so instead of giving him back to his parents I got my baby snuggles in, the two older kids had a snack.





I wish Avery was still this small

After Kristen and her family left I got a Skype call from my friend Kelly. We talked for about an hour, it was nice. When Steven got off work we ran some errands, we got gas, went to Walmart, and then grocery shopping at Winco. We did surprisingly well at Winco, about $18 under budget! Needless to say I was pretty tired by the end of the day.

On Tuesday, Steven and I had an appointment to go view a house to rent. My mom came over after work to pick up Avery so we could see the house free of distractions. We ended up being a few minutes late to see the house because there was an accident on the off ramp we needed to take. We were the first couple to make an appointment to see the home but by the time we had gotten to the house six other families had already been there that day. I wasn't surprised considering the size of the house and the low rent.

Steven's friend, Mitch, recently asked us to watch his son on Wednesdays until he leaves for basic training (he joined the guard). This week was my first time watching Cooper who is 3 1/2. Mitch dropped Cooper off at 6 am but thankfully Steven got up to watch him until I woke up. It turns out that Cooper doesn't really like me, he wanted to spend the entire day with Steven. Avery didn't really nap that day and Cooper fell asleep on the living room floor. When Mitch came to get Cooper around 3 pm he showed up with a Venti Caramel Frappuchino - it was just what I needed!

After Mitch and Cooper left Avery asked to go down for a nap - she cut her third molar and the pain has been disrupting her sleep. My mom came over shortly after Avery went to sleep, I went with my mom to Costco so she could get gas. Steven woke Avery up at 5 pm so that we could go to Walmart. He surprised me with a tablet that he had ordered the previous week and had been shipped to the store :) We decided to return it because we already have two lap tops, two smart phones, and a desk top - it was a very thoughtful gift but I fear it would've just collected dust. That evening Avery had a really tough time going to bed because of her new molar, she required some extra snuggling and Tylenol.


Week 11

On Thursday morning Avery woke me up with 10 consecutive kisses and told me I was pretty :) She had slept in until 10 am which was so nice! We went to lunch with my mom that afternoon, its been a long time since we were actually able to have a lunch date. That night it was really hard to get Avery to bed, she didn't nap that day and was overtired :( It took over 2 hours and 3 attempts to get her to sleep, she woke up 3 hours later screaming for mommy. Avery stayed awake until 5:30 am!! I put her back to bed but couldn't fall asleep myself, I wasn't able to fall asleep until 8 am when Steven got up for work. Avery woke me up an hour and a half later......

Running on absolutely no sleep I texted my mom, she was working a half day so she could do some volunteer work. I had already planned to stop by my mom's house to pick up a few boxes of baby clothes so I asked if my mom would pick Avery up after work. My mom took her shortly after noon and I was finally able to get ready and get on the road. When I got to my mom's house we ate lunch before my mom had to leave for volunteering. I took Avery over to Kristen's house for a play date, the kids had fun but all 3 were sleepy and a tad cranky. It was so good to hang out with Kristen, something has come up the last few times she's invited me over, I had been really bummed about not being to hang out. Kristen too the boxes of baby clothes for me to give to our friend Jeca.

That evening I went to Chili's to get us dinner. I ended up waiting over 40 minutes to get our food even though I had called ahead for pick-up. It was a Friday night so the place was packed, I asked about my order several times but apparently no one actually checked on my order. When I finally got my food the manager gave me a 50% discount. I was STARVING by the time I got home and nearly died when Avery knocked my plate of food on the ground. Steven traded me good food for my carpet food, he is amazing.

Saturday started very, Avery started screaming bloody murder at 5 am, that damn molar! Avery and I hung out in the living room so Steven could sleep, at 8 am I put her back to bed and went to bed myself - we all slept in until noon. I made breakfast while Steven ran out to get me coffee, after we ate we went to a few stores. Our first stop was Best Buy so that Steven could return a graphics card (he bought it to run 2 monitors on his work computer but the graphics card requires a larger power source), we went to Carter's and got Avery a few items off the clearance rack, and we went to Cabela's to browse.


Avery's new clothes

Sunday morning/afternoon was a little rough. Avery had the WORST attitude - she was screaming at us, kicking, hitting, scratching, and choking us. I've never seen her act like that, it was pretty disturbing. We went to my parents' house for dinner but Avery's attitude didn't really seem to improve. Steven and my dad took Taz to the river while I stayed behind to help my mom make dinner.

After dinner I took my dad's new beach cruiser out for a spin, now I really want a bike but we live in such a shitty area. My parents sent us home with a care package of: soup, veggies, corn on the cob, soda, garlic, pasta sauce, and marinades! Steven was carrying all of our good in plastic grocery bags, the bags broke on the way up the stairs and our stuff went everywhere haha.


Avery Quinn - 18 months
wearing Mimi's shoes and Uncle Quinn's shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment