Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Good Bye Mitch

This week we took FAMILY PHOTOS!!! Yvette took our family photos at Kathryn Albertson park. Avery was not as cooperative as I had hoped, she saw a deer and some ducks and naturally wanted to run around.




Near the end of the week I finally caught whatever Steven and Avery had. I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a truck - my head hurt, my ears hurt, runny nose, constant sneezing, and terrible sinus pressure :( I spent most of the morning staring at the clock waiting for Avery's usual nap time so I could lay down for a few minutes but Avery refused to nap that day. Instead she ran around the house like a crazy person and shattered a glass on the kitchen floor :/ Definitely a sucky Thursday.

My mom came over after work on Friday. We ate my homemade chili which turned out amazing! When Steven was off work we were able to leave Avery with him and go dress shopping at the mall. My mom found a very flattering dress in the first store we looked at :) When I got home from shopping we had guests - Mitch, Mitch's son, and Mitch's girlfriend were over at the house. I was only expecting Mitch so I hadn't bothered to clean the house at all, I was very embarrassed that we had guests in our messy house. We ate chili, chatted, and took the kids to the park.


On Saturday we had lunch at Goldy's and went grocery shopping. Yvette and Mike picked up Avery after her nap for a sleep over because Mitch's going away party was that evening. We met Mitch and his friends at Cafe Ole downtown for dinner - Steven and I split an order of mini chimichangas. After eating the group (probably 15 people or so) walked as a large group to a bar called Opa. I've only been to a bar once before for Kristen's 21st birthday - I was the designated driver for Kristen's birthday and didn't partake in drinking for Mitch's going away party either. I had a great time sitting at the bar and talking to Vanessa, one of Steven's friend's wife. It was so nice to socialize with adults! Steven and I were home by 11 pm but we still had a lot of fun.


Yvette and Mike dropped off Avery the next day, she was ready for a nap almost immediately and slept for 3 hours. We went to Goldy's Corner to get a job application for me, the night before a Goldy's employee that we were out with said he would put in a good word for me. I don't want to work but we're struggling financially :/ Steven's new medical insurance is going to cost us a pretty penny so I'm doing what I have to do even though it sucks. That evening I took Avery to a Halloween store to window shop, she got scared by a fake graveyard and started running out of the store screaming haha. We left the store and went to my parents' house for dinner.


Avery Quinn 20 months

No comments:

Post a Comment