Friday, November 8, 2013

Halloween

This week started out awesome with a rainy Monday - sweat pants, a fuzzy blanket, and a hot bowl of soup :) The only thing that could have made the day better was if Avery didn't insist on watching the potty video 5 times.


I love this girl

On Tuesday I was supposed to hear about the job I interviewed last week but the guy never called. I waited by the phone the entire day for nothing. I called and the receptionist said she would leave him a message but since I didn't hear from him I probably didn't get the job.

The next day I half expected the job to call me but again I never got the call. I'm assuming I didn't get the job. I took Avery to a morning play date at the Boise mall - there were snacks, crafts, and a sensory table. The kids all dressed up in their costumes :) Avery wasn't interested in playing with the other kids though, she just wanted to explore.



AVERY'S FIRST HALLOWEEN IN THE STATES!!! The day was remarkably mellow. Steven's deer was finally ready so he went to pick it up that day - we got jerky, back straps, pepperoni, sausage, and steaks. When Steven got off work we went to his grandparents' house to show them Avery's costume and deliver some deer. We went to my parents' house for trick or treating :D It was really nice having my parents walk door to door with us. Avery didn't really grasp the concept of Halloween this year - the first house we went to she knocked, tried to open the door herself, then walked right into the person's house to look around. It was obvious that Avery enjoyed just walking around more than anything. It was a great night and Avery looked adorable in her Cinderella costume.




On Friday Avery and I went to Yvette's apartment to pack things up - she's in California and needs to be out by the 15th. I got great use out of my Ergo that day :) I strapped Avery onto my back, put my back pack on my front, and carried several boxes all at once on the walk to the apartment. I was there from 10 am to 6 pm (although I did go home for Avery's nap) so it was a long day for me, I got a lot done though.


Toddler-Wearing :)

Steven and I had plans with my parents that evening so Steven's grandparents came over to watch Avery for us. Steven and I took my parents to the old penitentiary for a tour, we had planned for a guided tour but ended up walking around on our own. We saw a lot of ghost hunters while we walked around, its not surprising considering that it was featured on an episode of Ghost Adventures. We had an awesome time and afterwards the four of us went out for ice cream :)


Locked up at the Pen

On Saturday Steven helped Mike move a bunch of Yvette's stuff from her house to his. Avery and I lazed around most of the day :) That evening we went to Sarah and David's house for dinner - they are long time friends of Steven, and he used to be their room mate. We took Avery along so she could play with their son. It was a fun night, we definitely need more couple friends to hang out with.

Sunday was kind of a time warp because of the time change, I was in a fog all day. We went to Walmart for trash bags but ended up wandering around their giant winter wonderland. It is insane how much Christmas stuff they have! We went to Mike's house afterwards to hang out while we waited for my parents to get to Costco. My parents don't have a Costco card so we take them whenever they want something. We met them at the gas station part of Costco and both filled up. My parents had just come from Winco and bought us a TON of groceries. I'm so thankful to come from such a generous family. Mom, Avery, and I spent most of the Costco trip eating samples, well Avery ate all our samples to be honest. Mom wanted to take Avery home with her, so she did. Steven and I went back to our house to unload all our groceries, I don't think our cabinets and fridge have ever been so full :) Since we didn't have Avery we went to Burlington Coat Factory to finally get Steven a winter coat, he's been trying to get by with just a flannel shirt but he needs a real coat.
We went to my parents' house for dinner as usual. We had the BEST dinner! We had sausage casserole, real mashed potatoes, gravy, brussel sprouts, and ham steaks YUM!! After dinner we had an ice cream roll cake.


Avery Quinn - 21 months

1 comment: