Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sick Baby

I am officially caught up on blog updates!!! For weeks I've been behind and my grandma has been on my ass about it :) Now I just have to STAY caught up.

This week had been very boring, for some reason Steven and I have been bored out of our minds. On Tuesday Steven finally broke out the Nintendo 64 so we could play some kind of video game until the Playstation 4 is released - we beat Pokemon Snap in a day. The only excitement we had was when Steven somehow dropped his iPhone 5 into the oven, the oven was set at 450 degrees! The damn thing slid all the way to the back of the oven so I had to save it with tongs. Thankfully Steven's phone had a bulky case on it so the phone was completely fine, the case was melted though.

I had another interview this week, this time with UPS. The interview was in the middle of the day so my mom used her lunch hour to watch Avery for me. I think the interview went well (although I thought the last one went well too), the interviewer said she would call me on Friday to set up orientation. On the way home I stopped to get my mom coffee as a thank you for watching Avery twice now. My mom went back to work and I put Avery down for a nap, she took a super long nap though. After 3 hours of napping I woke Avery up, turns out she was running a low grade fever :(


Sick baby cuddles

Thursday kind of sucked - we enrolled Avery in day care :( I'm so sad that I can't be a stay at home mother anymore but I am thankful for the time I did get. Steven, Avery, and I took a tour of the day care facility, it seemed very nice. We weren't able to meet Avery's teacher because we took a late tour but we did get to see her classroom. After the tour we went to my parents' house for dinner, the day care is only a few minutes away from their home.

Avery woke up with a nasty cough on Friday morning :( She wanted to lay around all day but I still had a lot to do at Yvette's apartment. Avery was so needy that I ended up packing and cleaning with her strapped to my back, thank god for baby wearing. We were there for several hours before going home, I got a lot done, Avery even got off my back for a few minutes to help mop :)


Cleaning Lita's apartment



Also, I heard back from UPS! I have orientation on Monday and thankfully my mom already has the day off :D

When my mom got off work the 3 of us went to the dollar store together, she needed to get a few things for her team at work. It was fun and I love the dollar store. Afterwards we went to Albertson's for coffee and cough syrup. Most cough syrups are for kids 4 and up so we had to go with an all natural food based cough syrup. It got rid of Avery's cough but she was really hyper after she took the medicine - I'm not sure if the medicine made her hyper or she was finally feeling well enough to burn some energy. That night Avery ended up coughing so much she threw up :( I brought her into bed with us and after a few inconsolable hours I put her back into her own room. Steven found the humidifier and put it on for her, we didn't hear another peep the rest of the night.

On Saturday we met Mike at Yvette's apartment for the last leg of the move. I had pretty much packed the entire house already so it didn't take us that long. I mainly cleaned while Steven and Mike moved all the boxes to the truck. We all had lunch together after the move, Mike was kind enough to buy our meal.

We went to my parents' house early on Sunday. Quinn had work that evening so we had family dinner earlier than usual so he could eat with us. I helped my mom make chicken casserole and then decided to clean our their freezer haha I was bored. After dinner my mom made cinnamon swirl coffee cake, it was awesome. Avery was suck a cranky butt all day because she wasn't feeling well. She ended up going to bed before 7 pm, but spent several hours violently coughing. I hope she gets better soon because day care won't take her like this :/




Avery Quinn - 22 months

No comments:

Post a Comment