Monday, December 23, 2013

Lots of Doctors

Monday, December 2nd. At 8 am I began calling the doctor about my knee, but for several house I got transferred to their answering service. I was in a lot of pain so I decided to just drive out to Meridian and get a same day appointment. I dropped Avery off with Yvette and went to the doctor. Of course there were no same day appointments left, the receptionist told me I should have called ahead first... they had no idea their phone system was down all morning. The receptionist suggested I try the urgent care, which was a 3 hour wait.... I checked in and went to my parents' house to eat. When I went back to the clinic there was still an hour and a half wait!

When I was finally taken to an exam room I had to put on super sexy medical shorts, it was not pretty haha. The doctor moved my knee around a bunch, made me walk, stand on one leg, etc for the examination. The diagnosis was seasonal tendinitis which made sense, I went through the same exact thing last October in Korea. The doctor really wanted my x-rays and MRI from last year but the damn Army STILL hasn't given me my medical records - I've been repeatedly requesting them since right before we left Korea. When it was all said and I done I was put back in a knee brace.




That evening we went to Steven's grandparents' house for a going away dinner. Steven's uncle Bob was leaving the next day for the Philippines to be with his wife.


On Wednesday I took Avery to day care. When we got there she wiggled out of my arms and immediately asked her teacher where the toy vacuum was. I was a little shocked that she didn't cry so I decided to leave before she freaked out, she saw me going and yelled "bye mommy!"  and ran to give me a kiss. I had another doctor appointment that day, this time for an odd sensation in my belly. The doctor told me I had a hernia, one the size of my thumb. She submitted a referral to see a surgeon, it freaked me out to be honest. To make matters worse, she told me I couldn't lift anything over 5lbs until I had my surgery consult :/

I meant to go get my final pay check from UPS on Friday but Kristen asked me to watch the boys last minute. I only watched them for a few hours but being unable to pick any of them up and being in a knee brace wore me out. I was too tired to get my check that day haha.


Conner playing with magnets


Sleepy Cassius

It snowed a bunch on Saturday! We went to my parents' house for dinner before going to a Christmas party. Avery was helping my mom make mashed potatoes when she started rubbing raw potato on her face. We thought it was funny until her cheeks became bright red, we washed her face immediately. Avery started rubbing her eyes and forehead and we realized she had broken out in a rash :( I called the pediatric nurse who advised we treat the rash with Benadryl. Steven, mom, and I went to Walgreens to get children's Benadryl but right after we checked out I noticed that her rash had cleared. At least now we have Benadryl just in case. We went home and had dinner - ham, mashed potatoes, carrots, and creamed corn. I was STUFFED and almost fell asleep on the couch afterwards.


Peeling potatoes


Potato rash


Trying to steal Minnie Mouse from Walgreens


Mimi bought Avery Minnie Mouse slippers

Around 7 pm Steven and I went to Kristen's house for the Christmas party, Avery stayed the night with my mom. The party was kid friendly but I never bring Avery to any kind of adult get together. There were around 15 of us at the party, we did a Christmas exchange which was called a Dirty Santa on the invite. Well, some of the group misunderstood Dirty Santa and brought dirty gifts for the exchange, it was hilarious. After the party we went back to my parents' house and stayed the night.

I woke up to the smell of breakfast cooking the next morning. Mom and Avery were up making potatoes (with no rash thankfully), sausage, eggs, and bacon. After eating we went with my parents to Toys R Us and Gordmans to try and find a little plastic table for Avery. We couldn't find little tables and chairs so we took Avery home for a nap, we came home to find our house at 45 degrees! We've put in a request for the damn windows to be fixed but the repair guy still hasn't come. It took close to 4 hours to heat the house back up to 65 degrees, that's going to be a pretty penny :/



Avery Quinn - 23 months


1 comment:

  1. You cropped out the sexy medical shorts from your photo?!?! How dare you deprive your readership of your fashion statement ;)

    ReplyDelete