Sunday, December 15, 2013

My 24th Birthday!

I didn't have to work on Monday so my mom picked up Avery and I for lunch :) We haven't had a lunch date in a while so it was much overdue. When we got home after lunch Steven wouldn't answer the door, I had forgotten my keys in the house. I pounded on the door for several minutes while calling and texting but I didn't get a response. I decided to take Avery to the apartment clubhouse because it was so cold out. My mother in law called while we were stranded, I told her Steven wasn't answering the door and she told me that he didn't answer when she called a few minutes prior. We both kind of freaked out thinking that Steven may have collapsed or something so I went back to the apartment. As I was walking up I could see the very top of Steven's head through our bedroom window, it was moving around so I figured he was stuck on a phone call. He called me about 10 minutes later saying that he unlocked the door.

Yvette came over after Avery's nap, we went to Carter's :) Yvette bought Avery a bunch of cute outfits and a toy car. The three of us went to Fred Meyer on our way home to grab a few things. It was a good way to end the day.

This week I turned 24!! Steven snuck out early to get me my favorite breakfast burrito from Goldy's. He gave me a funny card with a Victoria's Secret gift card in it just like I asked for :) I left for work early enough to stop and get coffee, the woman in the drive thru in front of me paid for my drink :D I dropped Avery off at day care and went to my parents' house to get ready for work. Just as I was tying my boots I got a text saying I didn't have to work until 1 pm instead of 12:30 pm, yay an extra half hour to eat!


I made out like a bandit

Work started out great but quickly turned awful - my knees were KILLING me. I worked until 7 pm that night and by the time I got into my car to leave I was crying because my knees hurt so bad. Steven was already at my parents' house when I got there, he had reserved movie tickets for an 8:30 pm showing but we ended up missing it. I had to shower, get ready, eat dinner, and have cake with my family in less than an hour. I hate being rushed so I said 'F it' to the movie and took my time doing things.


Avery and my mom french braiding my hair before the movie

There was another movie showing at 10:30 pm so Steven and I went to Denny's for my free birthday meal, my mom kept Avery over night so we could go out. While sitting at Denny's Steven asked if I wanted coffee, I said yes and he immediately left and went to Starbucks for me :) After our meal we went to the Village, we had planned to walk around and check out the stores but I could barely walk, instead we sat inside the theater and waited. I love the way the Village does assigned seating in the theater just like in Korea, it takes all the pressure out of being the first one in the theater to get a good seat.


Thursday was Thanksgiving :) Steven picked up Avery from my parents' house in the early afternoon so that my mom could cook in peace. We went to Steven's grandparents' for dinner this year. I wanted to spend time with my family as well but that didn't happen :( Oh well, we'll be spending next Thanksgiving with my family especially since my birthday is on the same day. Steven's family had a cake for me, I wasn't expecting it at all so it was a very nice surprise.


I hadn't planned on going Black Friday shopping this year (mainly because we're poor) but my dad invited me to go out with him. He picked me up around 10 am and we hit up several different stores to get Christmas presents for the family. We grabbed lunch after battling the crowds and lines, then went to my parents' house for dinner - Steven and Avery met us over there. It was a really good day and I like wrapping presents so that was a plus.


I got up pretty early on Saturday morning to go to the urgent care for my knees, they were painful 24/7. The nurse at the urgent care was a real b_tch though and turned me away. I told her my knees have been in constant pain since I got off work on Wednesday and she immediately assumed it was a work-related injury and refused to help. I tried to explain that it wasn't work related, the same thing happened last year in Korea, but she wouldn't listen and told me it was a workman's comp issue. Since I had already driven all the way out to the urgent care I began to tell the nurse I was also experiencing some abdominal issues but she refused to see me for that too. I was so frustrated!! My friggen feet and legs have been in pain and tingling for several days and I am refused medical care?!

That evening Mike and Yvette came over to watch Avery while Steven and I went out to dinner with my family and Ashley. We always go to Fiesta Guadalajara for birthday dinners. We usually have a large group go but since it was my first birthday with my family since I turned 21 I wanted it to be just family. I have photos from dinner but they are on my mom's camera so I will try and remember to post them.

On Sunday, Mike and Yvette came over and picked up Avery, they took our Durango and our baby to their house and left us Yvette's truck. Steven and I went to the mall, I had Victoria's Secret gift cards to use :) Steven and I window shopped, smelled all the Yankee Candles, and shared a soft pretzel. It was a good day.


Avery Quinn (and Daddy) - 22 months

No comments:

Post a Comment