Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Obstacles

Lately it seems life has been consumed by work so training for the Spartan race has been put on the back burner completely. I get up at 5:30 am for work already and no amount of coffee in the world will get me out of bed any sooner than that so exercise before work is out of the question. Exercise after work has become increasingly difficult with Steven working until 8 pm - Avery has caught every single illness at day care so most evenings are spent caring for a sick toddler.

Working out has been narrowed down to my lunch/breaks at work and weekends. This weekend I hiked Camelsback, according to my FitBit I hiked the equivalent of 74 flights of stairs :) I took a nap after my hike (obviously) and woke up feeling great - it was a nice change.


Getting ready to climb the steep face


But I made it :D


And carved my name in the sand stone

I had lunch with my best friend on Thursday. Kristen met me at Mongolian BBQ during my lunch break. We are both working mothers with hectic lives so it was great to just sit down without the kids and catch up. It was difficult to go back to work after lunch, I just wanted to hang out with Kristen and do girl stuff. That evening Kristen and her boyfriend, Tyler, came over to hang out :) We chatted, made double date plans, had friend debates about random things - Kristen even made us dig out the old letters that Steven and I wrote to each other while he was in basic training, talk about mushy haha.

FRIDAY!! TGIF for sure. It was Steven's day off so he took me out to lunch :) Afterwards Steven and Avery had a Daddy/Daughter day, he took her shopping for shoes and clothes. If their dates continue to include him buying her clothes and shoes then I foresee Daddy/Daughter dates to continue forever. 

We went on a double date with Kristen and Tyler after work. The four of us went to Wahooz to play mini golf. I got a hole in one several times except when it really mattered, the last hole sprays you with water if you don't get a hole in one - Steven, Kristen, and I all got sprayed. After golf we hit up the batting cages, pun intended ;) I am not a fan of the batting cages, it hurt my hands, I am a delicate little flower after all. The night ended perfectly with dinner at Flying Pie Pizzeria (even typing the name made my mouth water).



Kristen getting soaked on the last hole



Steven rocking the batting cage

Saturday was just as awesome as Friday - I had an amazing girls' day with my mom. I picked her up, we had lunch, got coffee, and I treated her to a pedicure. It was so relaxing! Steven and I went a little crazy that evening and got Avery some fish - she loves them :)



Avery Quinn (not great at hide-n-seek)

No comments:

Post a Comment