Saturday, April 12, 2014

FOR SPARTA!!!

Steven did something crazy this week…he signed us up for a Spartan Race eek. We are doing the Spartan Sprint which is a muddy 3 (plus) mile obstacle course. The race is in May and in Montana so we are making it a weekend getaway :) 



We are REALLY out of shape so we began training immediately but its slow going. My first day of training consisted of climbing 35 flights of stairs and Steven ran 2 miles – that doesn’t seem like a lot but for us it’s insane.

I got my first paycheck this week, it wasn’t spectacular, one month of work for me is the same as one paycheck for Steven. It was a little disheartening but it was nice being able to put away some money for our Montana trip and still having some extra spending money.


Hanging out with Avery at day care

Fridays are supposed to be awesome for the working world but at my job they call them "FML Friday" because something always goes wrong. FML stands for F*** My Life for the older folks that read this. The day started out crazy with Steven tripping down the stairs and landing on the metal baby gate at the bottom. Steven normally takes Avery to day care at 10:30 am before he starts work but I took her that day. I ended up being a few minutes late to work because of the morning madness but work was understanding since it was FML Friday. So many things went wrong that day, it was insane, I've never seen the office in such disarray. Thankfully I survived the day and got to enjoy my weekend :D 


Countdown to the race in my office at work

I slept in on Saturday morning, it was so amazing! Steven was working so the day was pretty uneventful. I had a bad headache so I took an afternoon nap and didn't wake up for several hours, luckily Steven was having a slow day at work so he could watch Avery. Family dinner was at our house this week, Steven made a macaroni bake from scratch. After dinner my parents offered to take Avery overnight and we jumped at the idea. I still had a headache but popped some Tylenol and dealt with it, when someone offers to babysit you have to take full advantage. We managed to make it to a movie and saw the new 300, it was epic.


Random little chia-pet that my mom got me :)

Sunday was daylight savings, it wasn't too bothersome because Avery was with my parents. We ran some errands while we were still baby-free. My headache raged on and made it difficult to be out so we grabbed Avery and went home. I just wanted to nap but couldn't because 1. it was a Sunday and if I napped I wouldn't go to bed on time for work and 2. Steven's family was coming over for dinner. Steven's family came over that evening, my head ache was killing me so I spent the entire time hiding away in Steven's office to avoid the sound of everyone talking. I could not get to bed quick enough that night.


Avery Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment