Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Fourth of July

JULY - Avery is now closer to being 3 years old than she is to being 2 years old! Holy cow!


Avery is doing amazing on her potty training, she reached her goal of using the potty 10 times in a flash. To celebrate her hard work Steven and I took her to Jabbers - Jabbers is an indoor play place for young kids, it is the perfect place to burn off energy during a hot summer day.



On July 3rd Avery and I made shirts for the 4th of July. I made Avery's shirt and Avery made my shirt and a shirt for my mom. It was a huge mess haha. 




The final result

On that same day Steven went over to my parents' house to see a dog that they had found the night before, it was love at first sight. Steven took the dog to the vet to see if she had a chip and to get her checked out, the dog was malnourished and dehydrated. The dog wasn't chipped but she did have a tattoo in her ear which indicted she was pure. We checked several sources to see if anyone was looking for the dog but came up empty so we took her home. She is a German wire-hair pointer, we named her Sadie :)



We spent July 4th at my parents' house for the annual block party, there was tons of food and fun. Steven was in charge of the fireworks again this year, but since Quinn didn't spend the holiday with us, Steven had to do it alone - it was a great show though. Kristen and the boys came over to watch the fireworks with us :)




The month prior Steven had won a horseback ride for 2 in Grandjean, which is a few hours away. I had never been horseback riding before so it pretty exciting for me :) The ride was an hour long through the woods, the view was absolutely amazing! It was the first ride of the season so some of the horses were being ornery, Steven's horse was sooo slow, even the guide's horse had an attitude, my horse was great though.


No comments:

Post a Comment