Sunday, May 13, 2012

My First Mother's Day

This week Avery had her 4 month well baby visit. She weighed in at a whopping 13lbs 14oz! The pediatrician seems very pleased with Avery's development and for the first time she didn't cry during her check-up. My poor baby girl had to get two shots and one oral. Steven was the bad guy and had to hold Avery down for her shots, I really wish they would let us hold her during :( She cried, of course, but still managed to be braver than me since I had been freaking out since the night before. Pagi had the car that day so she picked up Avery and I that afternoon. We killed time at the PX and got Starbucks. Since Starbucks (well AAFEES) jacked the price of coffee up $0.25 they are temporarily offering a free upgrade so we took advantage of that. 


Chomping on her teether


We've had a lot of cherished family time this week. On Thursday, Steven had to take a co-worker and his wife to the airport. Since the drive is roughly 2 hours there and 2 hours back he ended up getting the rest of the day off :D 

So sleepy

Friday was family day (or something) so Steven had the entire day off. He got a birthday card from my parents with a $50 gift card which was spent immediately. Thank you parents for buying him a year of xbox live.

On Saturday I "slept in" until 10am. Steven made me an egg over easy (I always end up ruining it) then we went to Spring Fest on base. It was a lot cooler and less crowded than last year which was nice, we met Pagi and Eric there. We had brats, fried oreos, chicken tacos, orange julius, and a caramel apple (which sucked). Steven boxed a co-worker of his in an inflatable ring with huge comical boxing gloves, they went 3 rounds and both were exhausted afterwards. 


Avery's Spring Fest dress

We took Pagi and Eric to Lotte Mart (sort of a Korean Target/Walmart) its nothing special but got us out of the house. Avery got a pink/white heart play mat, a new teether and a giant plush bee that I've had my eye on since I was 3-4 months pregnant. We also sold our iPad for a profit that day :) Once I got Steven's old iPhone 4 I never touched the iPad so it was a logical move to get rid of it. 


"I can haz da bee?"

My first Mother's Day! Avery woke us up nice and early so we skyped our moms. Steven got me an "I <3 Mom" picture frame. I am searching for the perfect photo to put in it. Upon reading the heartfelt message in the card he gave me I began to tear up. Motherhood has turned me into a sap lol Avery signed the card too so its definitely a keeper.


Daddy & Avery at Starbucks

We took our iPad money and bought Steven a new bicycle, it is awesome! We plan to start riding as a family once we get a trailer for Avery. In the mean time he is going to ride to work a few days out of the week so I'll have the truck more often :D Steven rode his new bike home while Avery and I went on base.

Hanging out with mom

It was a mistake to go on base without my hubs because things started going wrong. I hit up Starbucks for a delicious Mother's day beverage and was pleased to find that I was the only one in the store. As I sat waiting for my drink a guy came in and ordered. When my drink was called out I gathered my things and went to the counter but the guy got there first and grabbed the coffee. I told him it was my drink thinking he would realize his mistake (since I have a very specific order and well I was there before him) and hand it over but I was wrong. He told me it was his drink and walked out with it and wouldn't you know I ended up getting what he ordered :( I grumbled for a moment then let it roll off my shoulders. A bunch of other things went wrong while I was at the PX but messing with my coffee is where I draw the line so I left.


Don't mind me, just wearing 6-9 months onesies

 I got home to find that Steven had done all of the dishes and cleaned the kitchen :D It made my day! My wonderful husband then made us a delicious Mother's day dinner which consisted of tri-tip, mashed potatoes & gravy, corn on the cob and Hawaiian sweet rolls. Avery sat in her bumbo so the 3 of us could have dinner at the table. After our little one was down for the night we watched Game of Thrones, The Office and played MW2&3.



Avery Quinn - 18 weeks
Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I recognize that dress! Looks super cute on her. :) I had a bad Starbucks experience this week too! It ticked me right off.

    ReplyDelete