Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Friends

Sorry that is post is a few days late, Monday and Tuesday (the 4th&5th) were extremely eventful (but you won't find out why until next week's post :D).


Steven had Monday and Tuesday off for Memorial day. On Monday there was a big lightening storm which caused us to lose power for a bit. I stood in the window and watched the sky light up, it made me homesick. It reminded me of how my dad would always get excited when a storm would roll in, he would sit out on the porch and watch it. My mom and I would peek out the window for a moment before getting bored and watching The Closer or Ghost Hunters (one of those shows was usually on during a storm haha). 


We went to Pagi and Eric's house after the power came back on (I didn't want to risk our food in the fridge spoiling). Eric BBQ'd ribs on the roof of their apartment while Pagi made mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. Pagi had also prepared some fresh homemade salsa, it was delicious, I had to go into the other room so I wouldn't eat it all haha. We played Mario Kart on the Wii and Battle of the Sexes (girls won). It was a great night. 


The next day we went with Pagi and Eric to Lotte Mart. Afterwards we got lunch at Chilis and visited the Osan thrift store. We got a very expensive microwave for $12!


Avery trying some celery
She does not approve


On Wednesday Pagi and I went to the bowling alley to join the spouse's bowling league (luckily you don't have to be good to join). After the bowling meeting we met our husband's at Starbucks while they were on lunch. This week's Lunch with the Ladies was at either Happy Teriyaki or Yummy Teriyaki, I can never remember which place is which haha. It was pretty good. Avery grabbed a handful of rice so she had sticky teriyaki fingers. 


Steven had 24 hour CQ on Friday so I had the truck. I grabbed Pagi for some lunch at the PX where we ran into our friend Jess. The three of us ate together then Pagi and I bought some supplies to make our team shirts for bowling. I also made Avery a team onesie :)


Front

Back
Avery helping :)


Saturday morning started very early, Avery is not the type to sleep in unfortunately. We were up early enough to go pick up Steven when he got off of CQ at 7am. He took a short nap before the curtain guy came. The guy quickly installed our new curtains and we enjoyed the darkness, the house instantly felt cooler. That night we were invited over to Widener's house (who you may remember from a previous post about paintball). Steven and Widener are also involved in airsoft so they worked on their guns. Steven had bought a G36C a few days prior so they were getting it ready for an airsoft tournament in a few weeks. Widener and his wife took us to a Korean BBQ place that was delicious! Afterwards Pagi and Eric came over to Widener's house and we sat on his roof around their fire pit. 



Enjoying the fire


Our wonderful week unfortunately ended on a bad note. Sunday was a miserable day. Steven had another appointment at 121 (where Avery was born). He was on an all liquid diet that day to prepare for his appointment on Monday so the 2 hour drive was miserable. I felt awful eating in front of him when I knew how hungry he was. That night Steven had to take a horrible "lemony" (the bottle actually said the flavor was lemony) drink but it didn't agree with him and he ended up dry heaving for hours. It was bad. I stayed by his side rubbing his back and trying to soothe him but I felt absolutely useless. Thankfully the dry heaving subsided after a while. We watched a few episodes of Game of Thrones to distract him from the nausea. 


Tune in next week for the exciting conclusion.


Avery Quinn - 21 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment