Sunday, June 16, 2013

Swimming

The beginning of June was also the beginning of a new job for Steven. He started his work-from-home job on Monday the 3rd :) He really seems to enjoy this job. Avery has always been stand-offish when it comes to Steven but since he started working from home she's become a full blown daddy's girl. Its nice having him home with us.


Week 3

On Wednesday, Avery and I went to Kristen's house. Kris watched Avery for me while I went to the doctor and had blood drawn. The lab took 3 vials of blood and I didn't do as well as I had hoped. I nearly passed out and continually dry heaved so they made me hang out in the office for a while. I've been suffering from extremely itchy palms for about a month, its mostly just bothersome but lately it has been waking me up at night. Itchy palms can be an early sign of renal failure so the labs were to rule that out and check for a thyroid problem. It was a gorgeous day so when I got back to Kristen's house we played in the backyard. Kris filled up the kiddie pool for the little ones :) They splashed around while us mommas tried to catch some rays.





The next day I took Avery to the big pool, she LOVED it! Avery was trying to swim and even jumping off the side of the pool into the water, she wasn't scared at all. I was surprised to see so many unsupervised children at the pool though considering we don't have a life guard. I was equally surprised to find that so many pre-teen girls had little string bikinis since our apartment complex is completely surrounded by child predators and sex offenders.

(Oh, side story. Two teens were robbed at knife point by three men at our community pool!! Sex offenders, armed robbers, and drug dealers, oh my. Luckily we meet with a realtor later this month and will hopefully have found a nice house by the time our lease is up. http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/06/05/2603974/police-search-for-weekend-robbery.html  )

After the pool, Steven left to run a few errands while I made dinner. He had his first real night of class (I'm not sure if i mentioned this before but Steven is a college student now yay!) Steven was in class from 7 pm - 930 pm. My doctor's office called that evening and asked me to come into the clinic, the doctor said she would see me during her lunch hour.

Friday was just awful! Steven was craving donuts so he sent Avery and I to the store. We bought the donuts then got in line for Starbucks. Avery normally stays close to me while in line but on Friday she tried to run out of the store, three more people got in line while I grabbed Avery :/ She then proceeded to throw the biggest fit in front of everyone because I'm the meanest mommy ever and wouldn't let her run into traffic. I assumed Avery would be in a better mood after a nap but I was wrong. We went to Shopko to get a floatie for the pool, Avery was awful again. There was only one checkout line open. I only had one item but of course got stuck behind a woman with at least 20 things. After the woman had paid she and the cashier had a 5 minute conversation about the store's reward card, all while my toddler threw a tantrum and there were 5 other customers waiting in line. When the cashier finally rang me up she said that she needed to see ID because I hadn't signed my debit card. I was not about to drag my screaming kid out to the car to get ID for a $2 item. I flat out told the cashier 'NO' and after a few seconds of us silently staring at each other she decided she no longer needed to see my ID.

After work the three of us went to the pool with Avery's new floatie, she absolutely hated it and screamed bloody murder. Avery was still so crabby that we left the pool and went over to my parents' house instead. My parents always cheer her up.

This week Steven got to spend the weekend on the actual weekend :) We drove around checking out garage sales and hung out with his grandma and grandpa afterwards. The next day we went to my mom and dad's house for dinner. My dad bought Avery a little kiddie pool which she had a blast playing in :) It was a great weekend.



Avery Quinn - 17 months

No comments:

Post a Comment