Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Our Trip to the ER


Let's start this post out with a photo of my favorite girl

This week started out fun as Avery discovered she could lock her bedroom door. I was worried about Avery eventually locking herself in a room and not being able to get her out but the lock on Avery’s door is backwards so that it locks from the outside. On Tuesday the 17th, Avery managed to lock BOTH of us in her bedroom. I had left my phone in the living room so there was no calling for help. I knocked on the door and hollered for Steven but he had the TV up so loud that he couldn’t hear me. We were in there for about 15 minutes before I realized that the laptop was on Avery’s changing table! I brought it in the bedroom to pay bills but started playing with Avery and forgot about it. I messaged Steven on Facebook but he didn’t see it, luckily a few people texted him to see if he let me out J



Avery had to go to day care on Wednesday, she has to go at least once a week to stay current. I used the free time to clean my mom’s house in preparation for the Donaldson’s arrival. I cannot keep my house clean to save my life but I can easily clean my parents’ house haha. I took a break at 3 pm to go pick up Avery from day care. Her teacher, Miss Amber, made an owl ornament for our Christmas tree – it was very sweet. Steven brought the entire family Taco Bell for dinner that evening, which was awesome since no one felt like cooking. My mom and I decided to try and make candy sleds, they turned out pretty good, but Avery kept begging for chocolate the entire time. 


I could not get her to leave day care!


Our candy sleds

The rest of the week was pretty dull. On Saturday we went over to Steven’s grandparents’ house to celebrate Anne’s birthday (Steven’s little sister). It was a pretty mellow evening. My mom’s little brother and his family finally made it to Idaho late that night.


Avery with her aunt Anne


Eating a dairy-free dessert since she can't have ice cream

Sunday was our 3 year anniversary!! We celebrated by going tubing with friends and family. We had to wake up pretty early to drop Avery off at Yvette’s house before meeting our group at the Prochaska house. We took Quinn and Ashley with us since they both drive little sedans, my dad drove with the Donaldsons, and my mom rode with the Pros. The whole group caravanned to Garden Valley for tubing, we mainly spent the day trying to beat the speed record (although we never actually beat it). We did make the biggest chain with 15 people J I had SO much fun, I only took a short break during the day because I thought I lost my phone – turns out there was a hole in my pocket and the phone slipped between the pant liner. Ashley had to help push the phone all the way up my leg back through the hole because it was the only way to get it lol. Our passes were only for 2 hours which was plenty of time, everyone was exhausted afterwards.


Our group


My mom and I


Steven and I on our 3 year anniversary


Quinn and Ashley passed out on the drive home


Everyone (minus the Pros) went back to my parents’ house for dinner, thankfully Yvette brought Avery home to us because we were too tired to drive. Steven and I brought Things to play after dinner – basically the game goes like this: One person pulls a card that has a phrase like “Things you wouldn’t want to find in your sandwich” and everyone writes down an answer anonymously, then everyone tries to guess who said what. The game is SO much fun but unfortunately we only got to play for 10 minutes before all hell broke loose - Taz (my parents’ dog) bumped into Avery and she fell face-first into a wooden chair. Steven scooped her up and realized that she was bleeding, we initially thought she had a bloody nose but it turned out to be a gash in her forehead. We immediately went to the hospital – Steven drove, my mom sat in the front seat, and I sat in the back with Avery trying to keep pressure on the wound and stop the bleeding. I got the bleeding under control half way to the hospital and once I removed the towel from her face Avery was fine and dandy. When we got to the hospital the doctor confirmed that she needed stitches, he told me it would take 15 minutes to do and I wanted to punch him in the throat. Thankfully the staff worked quickly and got it done is less than 5 minutes. Immediately after the stitches were done Avery was walking around and showing the hospital staff her ‘night-night’ lion. Avery slept great that night, a full 12 hours, but I didn’t sleep a wink. I had the baby monitor glued to my ear too worried to sleep. 


Helping make dinner


This breaks my heart!


Avery Quinn - 23 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment