Wednesday, January 29, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVERY

Since we've lived in Idaho for over a year now I figured it was finally time to update the name of my blog - Little Lyon's Life in Korea doesn't really apply anymore when little Lyon doesn't live in Korea. New year, new name. 

So it turns out 2013 wasn’t all that bad, in fact my family had some pretty good moments: We moved back to the United States, I’ve been able to reconnect with all of my friends here, Avery went from a baby to a toddler, Steven got a kick ass job that allows him to work from home, I’ve been able to remain a stay at home mom, I got to visit my California family and see my grandparents renew their vows for their 50th wedding anniversary, Avery got to meet her great great grandmother and I got to see my Grammy (I haven’t seen either of them in years), AND we were able to spend holidays with family in person instead of via Skype. So yeah, not bad.

This week we started cleaning out our home for a new chapter in life. We are moving in February and have started the daunting task of cleaning out our apartment. I honestly don’t know how we keep accumulating so much stuff! I moved to Korea with a duffel bag and came back with an entire house full of stuff, then we moved into this apartment with nearly nothing and somehow have a house full of stuff. I wasn’t about to clean without coffee in my system and I’ve recently decided to make my own to save money. It turns out I have absolutely no idea how to prepare my own coffee, it tasted horrible no matter how I doctored it. I really prefer to just pay someone to make my coffee the way I like it but I don’t plan to quit after just one failed attempt.


Avery's scar is healing up nicely

I met my mom at her work for lunch, I had worked up an appetite from watching Steven clean out our storage shed lol. We bumped into my friend Brian who joined us for lunch, we were very good friends when I worked at Wells Fargo, and it turns out our daughters are birthday twins both born on January 8th. I absolutely love having lunch at Wells Fargo because every time I got there I bump into old friends, I HATED that job but I loved the people I worked with. 

On Tuesday, Steven made me a caramel frappuchino like I always order from Starbucks, it was AMAZING!! I still can’t make my own coffee to save my life but now I have Steven to make them for me J After a long day of cleaning my mom picked up Avery so that Steven and I could go tour the house we’ve been itching to rent. The house is in Nampa, roughly a minute away from Quinn and Ashley. After viewing the home we went back to my mom’s house for dinner. There was a package from Grammy waiting for me (well Avery), inside was a quilt that Grammy had made for Avery and a mini-quilt for Avery’s doll, Avery loved them!


Avery and Minnie have matching quilts :)

Avery’s birthday was on Wednesday, Steven and I almost forgot since we already celebrated over the weekend. I put Avery in a shirt that says ‘It’s my birthday’ but she would not allow me to get a clear picture of it, she’s suddenly become camera shy. I dropped her off at day care and cleaned my parents’ house, it had been snowing so I got to shovel the driveway, its one of my favorite chores. We didn’t do anything special for Avery’s birthday after day care, last year we went to dinner, but this year we just didn’t.


I took Avery to a play date on Thursday. I had to get off at Ten Mile but got stuck behind a 46 car pile-up. I was a half mile from the freeway exit when they shut down the freeway and it ended up taking me an hour to get that half mile. When we finally made it to the play date though Avery had a lot of fun, it was at my friend Ari’s house. Avery got to play with her twins and could not stop talking about it on the drive home.

Avery had her 2 year check up on Friday afternoon. My daughter is not the most compliant patient so she was yelling at the nurse and doctor… The nurse wanted to take Avery’s vitals and Avery told her “too bad”, then the doctor tried to look her in ears and Avery yelled at her “that’s enough!” It was embarrassing but at least the doctor was pleased with her vocabulary haha. Avery weighed in at 25.5 lbs and 33 inches tall, the weight is accurate but the height isn’t, she kept squatting down to avoid being measured. Avery didn’t need any shots (thank goodness) since I had them get those out of the way when we got her flu shot.


The "twirly wall" at the pediatrician 

As if the day wasn’t eventful enough, we got to sign for the house in Nampa after work that day. We took my mom with us so she could see the house. We ended up staying the night at my parents’ house so that Steven could help Quinn move the next day.


Pretending to be asleep

Steven, Dad, and Quinn were gone most of the day moving stuff to Quinn’s new place in Nampa. Mom, Avery, and I just hung out at the house – I made chili for the men-folk since they would be hungry when they got back. It was a pretty lazy day for me.


Sunday was the usual family dinner but this week I stayed home. I felt MISERABLE all day so I rested while Steven and Avery were gone. 


I love having an active toddler but dang I sure do miss Avery's newborn days. On the left is my 7lb 8oz baby girl who had the biggest, squishiest cheeks. On the right is my 25lb 5oz toddler who is the most lovable, compassionate little girl. 


Avery Quinn - 2 YEARS OLD!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment