Thursday, February 6, 2014

January 13-19

This week had a very slow start. I felt horrible since Sunday and have spent almost every waking hour wrapped in blanket on the couch. Avery did a pretty good job of not bothering me too much but I did allow her to watch more cartoons than I am willing to admit to get that peace and quiet. Oh well, a few days of cartoons won’t kill her and thankfully it gave me time to recuperate.

I didn’t feel well enough to go anywhere until Wednesday when I was forced to take Avery to daycare. I did my usual Wednesday cleaning at my mom’s house but kind of half-assed it because I still felt crappy. Steven brought the whole family dinner at my mom’s house after he got off work J Quinn even stopped by and ate with us.

On Thursday evening I got some much needed girl time with my friend Kristen. We took Avery to the mall to walk around and play in their kids’ area, we didn’t stay too long because there were a lot of inattentive parents and unruly children. We went back to my house to bathe Avery and put her to bed. Steven insisted several times that Kristen and I go out and do something, he more or less kicked us out of the house to enjoy our child-free time. We went to Olive Garden for a very late dinner, Olive Garden was always our go-to place before the kids came along. Kristen and I would ALWAYS secretly try to pay for the bill, I would wait for her to go to the bathroom, or she would wait until I was distracted, and swipe the check. It was really fun, but we’re both poor now haha so we had the waitress split the check.


Playing at the mall

Friday was pretty good, I went to lunch with my mom J 


Annihilating a grilled cheese

She picked up Avery after work for a slumber party so that Steven and I could have one final date night before the big move. We had planned to go to adult night at the Discovery Center but it turns out the website advertised the wrong day and we had missed it. Steven suggested we take a romantic drive to the hot springs BUT we had already packed our bathing suits and they were in a box at my mom’s house. We finally decided on having dinner at the Cheese Cake Factory using a gift card Steven’s admirer had sent. After dinner we went thrift shopping looking for a rug and a dresser, we didn’t find either though. The night was still young so we drove out to our new house to see how the neighborhood was on a Friday night, thankfully there were no parties going on. We stopped by Quinn and Ashley’s house, Quinn was working so we hung out with Ashley for a bit and she gave us a tour of the place. And after all that we went to Hastings and got coffee J It was so nice going where ever we wanted with no plan or time constraint.


Steven and I slept in on Saturday before going to get Avery. We went out to breakfast with my parents, although I had already eaten that morning so I just had a plate of bacon J Then the five of us went to Home Depot to get my parents a new vacuum. My dad had several gift cards and ended up getting a very nice vacuum. We all went to Winco after that for grocery shopping, I definitely got my walking done for the day. We went back to my parents’ house to help them unload groceries and set up the vacuum, you know you’re getting old when a new vacuum is super exciting, all four of us were playing with it.


Sunday was the usual family dinner. It will be nice when we’re settled into our new place and can rotate family dinners so it’s not always on my parents’ shoulders. Steven called dibs on the first family dinner after we’re moved in so I’ll have to try and get everything unpacked before then.


Avery Quinn - 2 years old


There is a serious lack of pictures this week because I wasn't feeling well but next update will be better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment