Sunday, February 23, 2014

MOVING

So I’m terribly behind on this thing, between moving and getting a new job, I have zero time/motivation to actually write anything. This is an end of Jan/beginning of Feb update.

On Monday the 27th Steven started working the 11 am – 8 pm shift at work, he does not like it at all. During the ‘busy season’ at work my dad and Steven have to work from 8 am – 8 pm so they are alternating shifts – one works 8 am – 5pm and the other works 11 am – 8 pm and then they swap the next week. The really crappy part is that they also have to alternate working Saturdays :/


She got stuck in the stroller


Nothing weird here, just a girl pushing her vacuum in a stroller

Packing for our move was very slow going – Avery was waking up left and right during the night and refusing to nap during the day so we were all sleep deprived. We didn’t really get anything done until Friday, the day before we moved. Steven had the day off work so he got the keys to the new house and spent several hours moving boxes. Avery and I stayed behind so that we could have one final lunch date with my mom. We ate at Applebee’s, got coffee, and went to the dollar store J My mom picked up Avery after work for a sleepover so that Steven and I could finish packing, we stayed up until midnight getting shit done.


Riding a pony and talking to Nana on the phone

Saturday was moving day! Steven’s paycheck didn’t come again, we had been waiting on it since Wednesday and the fact that it was still MIA was getting pretty stressful. Luckily we had plenty of distractions that day, we spent cleaned and packed until Steven’s parents and grandparents showed up. We spent 2 hours packing Grandpa’s truck, Mike’s truck and trailer, the van that we borrowed from my parents, and the Durango – even with all that it still took a second trip to get all of our stuff. Everyone caravanned over to the new house while I stayed behind at the apartment to clean. Steven and Mike came back a while later to get the last of our stuff.

Steven’s parents helped us unpack at the new house, I didn’t care about the rest of the house, I just wanted Avery’s room set up. My mom brought Avery over shortly after since Yvette hadn’t seen her in weeks and my dad came over to help after he got off work. Steven picked up pizza for dinner, his parents left but mine stayed. It was a great first meal in the new house. Dad left shortly after dinner but my mom stuck around to see Quinn when he got off work. I slept like a rock that night but Steven couldn’t sleep, he was worried about his baby being downstairs and us upstairs in case of an intruder or something, he ended up sleeping on the couch that night.


Our new home


Sunday was Super Bowl. Steven and I spent most of the day unpacking before going over to Jan and Scott’s house to watch the game. The game was uneventful (as most of you know) but there was good food and friends so it worked out. 


Piggy back with Mimi




Avery Quinn - 2 years

No comments:

Post a Comment