Sunday, March 9, 2014

Housewarming

I am so sick of moving! This has been my 5th move in 4 years, that isn’t even counting the times we lived in hotels – oh Army life. We are hoping to buy a house within the next few years, granted life goes according to plan. 


Home

I had a busy Monday this week. I met my mom at Quinn’s house and we all went to KFC for lunch, Quinny was nice enough to get something for Steven and take it back to him since he was working. After lunch mom and I went to Boise to do the final walk through at the apartment. I thought the apartment was pretty damn clean (it was at least way cleaner than when we moved in) but I didn’t clean the top of the fridge so we got dinged there. 

That evening the fun continued when we realized the garage door was being funky. One of the wheels had popped out of the track and the garage door was stuck open. Steven’s check finally came!! After that we got coffee, got gas at Costco, and went to the bank. Avery took a nice long nap, we woke her up at 5 to go to the store but realized the garage door was being funny. One of the wheels had popped out of the track and it was stuck open. We released the emergency thing on the automatic garage door to close it but the whole damn thing fell out of the track and hung awkwardly in the garage. I called the realtor and my dad, both came over to help get the garage door closed until it could be repaired. It was a pain in the ass. After that whole mess Steven and I went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and split a meal (reduced portion size and half the price woohoo), then we went to Winco.


Avery didn’t go to day care this week which sucks – she loves the interaction and I love the break. Unfortunately there has been an outbreak of pink eye AND hand, foot, and mouth disease…. So that blows. Avery was SO stir crazy, she was driving me insane! I had planned to take her to the park that day but it snowed, all…day…long….. She begged and begged to play in the snow so I bundled her up and took her into the backyard. We were only out there for maybe 2 or 3 minutes before she started crying that she was cold, she then cried for 10 more minutes about wanting the snow to go away. Holy cow, I was thankful when nap time rolled around. The garage door repair man arrived and fixed everything within a few minutes. I shoveled the drive way and the side walk, it was nice having my own drive way to shovel.


That evening Steven and I were ultra productive, he installed baby locks under the kitchen sink and I made booties for our couch legs so they don’t scratch up the wood floor. We’ve tried several different kinds of felt padding (like we have on everything else that touches the wood) but the couch legs are shaped weird so nothing fits right. I decided to be crafty and make couch booties and the best part is that I made them completely out of scrap fabric so they only cost $0.11 to make each!!


My project


New booties

On Thursday it snowed a LOT, good thing I spent all that time shoveling the day before… grumble grumble. Quinn sent me a text asking me to feed Max when I let him out to pee, I wasn’t aware that I was taking care of Max at all – Max is his dog for anyone that doesn’t know. I guess there was a miscommunication between Quinn and Ashley about me taking care of the dog, each one of them thought the other asked me. I don’t have a spare key to their house so I had to drive to Albertson’s where Quinn works so I could get his car keys, so that I could get his garage door opener, so that I could get into his house, so that I could feed his dog (even a mouthful in my mind). When I got to Quinn’s house I let the dog out to do its business and fed him. I thought Avery would be super happy to play with Max but she only wanted the cat (who was smart enough to avoid her).

That evening we went to my parents’ house for dinner. My dad was working the 11 am – 8 pm shift this week so we took my mom to the Mongolian BBQ place and got food to go. I haven’t had Mongolian in a long time, it was difficult to stop eating and save some for lunch the next day.


Icicles in front of the house

Avery and I were supposed to go to a play date on Friday but it was cancelled due to snow, even the schools were closed for snow. Avery hasn’t been sleeping well lately, she’s been getting up around 11 pm claiming to be scared of the dark and ends up in bed with us. That wouldn’t be too horrible except she also won’t sleep in at. She got up at 6 am begging to go downstairs, so we did. A few hours later I decided to make the long drive to Starbucks, Avery was asleep before we even left the neighborhood. I knew she wouldn’t nap later so I drove very slowly to make sure she got some extra sleep. She didn’t get to sleep too long because my dad came over to take us out to lunch :D We went to Dickies BBQ, the food was so good, and there was plenty left over to take home to Steven.


Eating her ice cream

Avery didn’t take a nap that afternoon which means I didn’t get a nap either L By the end of the day we were begging Steven’s mom to take the baby for the night, thankfully she agreed. Steven dropped Avery off at their home in Boise but the snow was pretty bad at that point so the drive took 2 hours – that worked out to my advantage because I got 2 hours of alone time. When Steven got home we went to Albertsons and Walmart, it was nice to walk around.

On Saturday my parents bought us a housewarming gift! I went to Home Depot with my dad in search of a rug, we found a gorgeous (and cheap) deep blue rug for our living room. Steven laid it out once I got home, it tied the room together very nicely - although I don't have a photo of it this week haha. 

Everyone came over for family dinner at our house that evening, it was a big success. We had prepared a taco bar which is always a hit. After dinner Steven downloaded Taboo on his iPad and we had a guys vs girls match. The guys annihilated us girls, Quinn and Steven have some kind of crazy mental connection.



Impromptu dance party

Sunday was nice and mellow. Steven took Avery to his grandparents’ house for dinner and I enjoyed an empty house. I had planned to be productive but I ended up curling up on the couch, watching my favorite shows, and eating way more than I should have J



Avery Quinn 

No comments:

Post a Comment