Thursday, March 13, 2014

Interviews

This week was insanely hectic! 

It started out with Steven having to unexpectedly having to work 12 hours shifts at work. As if working 8 am to 8 pm wasn’t stressful enough, on Wednesday Steven knocked his phone off the counter into the toilet. I spent a good chunk of the day on the phone with AT&T trying to get a replacement. Even though we pay for insurance on the phone it was still $200 out of pocket to replace! I was pretty stressed by the end of the day but my stress level shot through the roof when I got a phone call about an interview. My mom and I went to Walmart to get interview clothes since I have nothing nicer than jeans and t-shirts. Mom ended up buying my entire outfit for me J


Avery and I on a walk

I had my interview with Shadow Trackers (they run back ground checks), I was SO nervous! I thought the interview went well, I was scheduled for a secondary interview the following day, and I was sent to do drug test. I hadn’t anticipated a second interview and didn’t want to run out and buy another new outfit so Ashley let me borrow something of hers.

My second interview was on Valentine’s morning. I woke up and was immediately given my gifts from Steven before I was even out of bed J I got a gorgeous infinity necklace and a stunning pair of earrings. After the second interview I was told I got the job! I’m happy but nervous, it’s going to be a BIG adjustment.

We went to dinner with my parents that evening, Shari’s had a prime rib and shrimp special going on. We all ate way more than we should have and went to Home Depot afterwards to walk it off. I got a little succulent for my new desk! My parents took Avery for the night and we parted ways in the parking lot of Home Depot. Steven and I went to Ross to get me some work clothes, the attire is very casual at work but this new job is a good excuse to spruce up my wardrobe.


Avery helping Pappy with his dinner


The weekend went by quickly. Family dinner was at Quinn and Ashley’s house, we had chili and played Taboo again. Yvette took Avery overnight on Sunday since she had Monday off of work. I wanted to spend my last day as a stay-at-home-mom with my baby but I didn’t want to wake Avery up at a ridiculous hour to drop her off at Yvette’s Monday morning. I barely slept that night, I kept having dreams that I slept through my alarm.

Steven and Quinn - lovebirds


Max giving me some love too



Avery Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment