Sunday, March 30, 2014

Gone Fishin'

I just friggen adore my daughter! This week on her way to day care she insisted that Steven stop and get me a “coffeechino” and told him that I needed to drink it with my mouth. She was so insistent that they stopped, got coffee, and surprised me at work :D




Playing with Avery on my lunch hour

I am going to miss all of Avery’s cute toddler words, she’s growing so fast that some of my favorite words are fading quickly. 1) ‘Coffeechino’ is by far my favorite, which comes from me always ordering frappuchinos and Avery knowing that its coffee. 2) ‘Nammies’ is a close second, which is her word for pajamas. 3) ‘Heckercocker’ = helicopter. I’ve been trying to get these cute words on video since it’s very unlikely that our future children will have the same cute nicknames for things.




Slowing getting photos of our new place uploaded - Avery's room

The week was pretty uneventful – work work work. Steven had Friday off this week so he picked me up for lunch, we went to the Sunrise CafĂ©. We had some time left over after eating so I showed Avery and Steven around my office.

Steven and I took Avery to the Sportsman’s expo. The expo was insanely crowded, we brought the stroller in the hopes that Avery would actually sit in it but that only lasted 10 minutes haha. I got the most amazing shirt! It’s a Starbucks/gun shirt, I have an almost identical air soft patch. Steven got a gun bag for super cheap and some awesome BBQ sauce – I was LITERALLY telling Steven about seeing a local BBQ sauce company the other day when we walked right passed the booth for that very BBQ sauce.


Cool new shirt

The highlight of the expo was the kids’ fishing tent – kids under 12 were allowed to fish for trout in a giant fountain. Steven helped Avery hold the fishing pole, they managed to snag a little trout but it got away before they could reel it in. After that I took a turn helping Avery, we had a few nibbles but didn’t catch anything until a monster trout swam up and basically caught itself. Avery was SO excited to have caught a fish!





Afterwards we drove to Costco to meet Steven’s parents, we all walked around the store as they shopped, then we went to their house since Avery was staying the night there. Steven and I went out for dinner and saw a movie that evening. We saw Lone Survivor, which at points was very difficult to watch, being a former military wife I could not imagine Steven being in a similar situation. 


Avery Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment