Saturday, March 22, 2014

Paco got a job

I am officially a working mother - working as in having a job outside of the home, I sure as hell worked my butt off as a stay at home mom too. Steven has volunteered to take the 11 am - 8 pm shift at work so that Avery is only in day care part time. Yvette had President's Day off so we didn't have to worry about day care on my first day of work. I was so nervous that I would sleep through my alarm that I checked the time constantly throughout the night. I set an alarm on my phone and an alarm on my FitBit. A FitBit is a wireless activity trackers that I wear on wrist like a watch - it tracks my daily steps, stairs climbed, calories burned, distance traveled, active minutes, and tracks my sleep. I set my FitBit alarm to go off first because its a silent alarm (it sends burst vibrations to wake me) so I didn't have to worry about it waking Steven.

I got up at 5:30 am, got ready, stopped for coffee, and still managed to get to work 20 minutes early. My first day was an absolute overload of information, by lunch time I thought my head was going to explode. I ate lunch alone that day, it was kind of depressing - Quinn's girlfriend works for the same company but does her own thing during lunch so I'm hoping to make friends soon so I'm not eating alone forever. I felt like the awkward new girl just sitting there, eating my lunch that Steven had packed for me, I ended up calling him, my mom, and Yvette just so I wouldn't feel so dorky.

My coffee did not last long and soon my eyes were crossing and vision blurring because I was so tired. Being trained at work was so boring that even on a well-rested day I would've fallen asleep. Thankfully near the end of the work day I was able to sit at my own desk and actually work - the job consists of lots and lots of data entry.

I couldn't get home from work fast enough, I missed my family. Yvette was already there with Avery when I got home, I was so happy to see my baby. I spent all day just wanting to play with Avery but when I got home I was way too tired to play with her, it was sad. I was in bed by 8 pm that night.


She didn't last long either

Unfortunately sleep didn't last that long, Avery got up at 2 am screaming. She had this god-awful chest congestion, I seriously considered taking her to the hospital because she sounded so bad. We kept her in bed with us for a bit so that I could monitor her and after a while Steven took her downstairs so that I could at least get a few hours of sleep.

When I got up for work Steven and Avery were still awake, he finally managed to get her back to sleep while I was getting ready. Steven obviously couldn't take Avery to day care sounding like that so he had to take the day off of work to take care of her. My second day of work was just as tough, my body is not accustomed to this horrific schedule. Avery sounded a little better by the afternoon so Steven picked me up for lunch, it was so good to see my loves, it definitely got me through the rest of the day.


That evening Avery got up at 2 am again, Steven took her downstairs so that I could sleep. They were both still awake when I left for work at 6:30 am! Work was work, I visited Avery at day care during my lunch hour. It was nap time at day care but Avery never sleeps at day care. I took Avery into another classroom to play while the other kids slept, it was really nice getting to see her. My mom picked her up from day care and when I got off work I picked her up from my mom's house.

Avery had to go to day care for a full day on Friday because Steven had to work the 8 am - 5 pm shift. It was a really long day at work for me, I worked an hour and a half of overtime so hopefully my first paycheck will be plump. Steven met me at my mom's house after work, we all had dinner together which was nice. Steven took Avery home after dinner so that my mom and I could go to a skydiver reunion. Neither of us really wanted to go, we wanted to see our friends, but we were both so tired. We met everyone at the Dutch Goose in Boise, socialized for a bit, and left rather quickly. Mom and I stopped at Starbucks and hung out there for over an hour just chatting, it was the best part of my night.


On Saturday morning Steven and I tried the Blue Sky Cafe for the first time - the food was alright. I took Avery to Kristen's house afterwards for Evelyn's first birthday party (Evelyn is Jeca's daughter). Avery had fun at the party but we were only able to stay for a few hours because we had family dinner that evening.

Oh boy did I have a bad case of the Sundays, I was so annoyed with the fact that I had to get up and go to work the next day. Steven used to get a terrible case of the Sundays every week when he was in the Army and now I can finally sympathize with that. To top it off I was also getting sick, I just wanted to sleep all day but also didn't want to waste a day off by sleeping, it sucked. We ended up going to Steven's grandparents' house for dinner which saved us from having to cook. Steven got to Skype with his best friend, Mitch, who is still in AIT (advanced individual training for the National Guard). It gave me a weird sense of deja vu because there were so many times when I had been sitting in that very room Skyping with Steven while he was in AIT and again when he was in Korea.


Copying Yvette


Steven and Mitch



Avery Quinn




















No comments:

Post a Comment