Tuesday, October 15, 2013

9/23-9/29

This week started out pretty awesome. On Tuesday morning I went to Kristen's house for an early play date. The kids had fun and we left around 1 pm because Avery was asking for a nap, we went to my parents' house to put her down. The nap didn't happen, instead Avery spent an hour chasing the dogs around the house and then my mom came home from work haha. We stayed until almost 5 pm before going to Steven's grandparents' house so I could pick up a package they had for me. I felt bad because Avery passed out on the freeway so I couldn't stay and socialize, Judy brought the package to my car so I didn't have to wake the baby.


When we got home I opened the package to find a brand new Ergo baby carrier inside!!! I was SO excited that I immediately put Avery in it and carried her all around the house, it was so comfortable and Avery felt as light as a feather. Steven went to his dad's house to reload ammo so I took Avery to the store so I could try out the Ergo and pick up dinner for myself. I love baby-wearing, well toddler-wearing :) We are super poor but Steven cashed in one of his savings bonds to buy the Ergo for me and his grandma used her retiree discount so it was really cheap :D


On Wednesday my mom came over after work. We went to Carter's to get Avery some much needed pants, we've managed to lose her only pair of pants that fit. We checked out a Halloween store afterwards, they had a small toddler section but nothing I was will to pay for. I may just squeeze her into the costume she wore last Halloween.

That evening Steven pulled out some steaks for dinner but naturally we were out of propane haha we had to use our little George Forman grill. We haven't used it since we lived on the 6th floor of our Korean high rise. The steaks weren't pretty but they were cooked :)

The next day Avery and I had planned to meet my mom at Jimmy John's for $1 sandwich day but the place was PACKED - there was a long line wrapped around the outside of the building. Instead we went to Jack in the Box, mom was taking her team leader out for a lunch she owed him. It was nice to talk to another parent of a young one, I felt less guilty about Avery acting like a toddler during our meal.

When it was time for Avery's nap she went to her dresser and grabbed a pair of feety pajamas. They were only 18 month jammies so I had to cut the feet off of them, Avery FREAKED out when I cut them. They were her favorite pair of jammies, they had pandas on them. She spent several minutes crying and trying to put the feet back on but she finally gave up. Its time to buy some new pajamas.


We mixed up family dinner this week and went to Flying Pie for lunch. Quinn was working so he wasn't able to join us. We went right when the place opened so it was empty and Avery was able to run around. The pizza was AMAZING.


Avery and Mimi playing pinball

After lunch we went to Steven's grandparents' house for a last visit before my trip.


Avery and her Great Grandpa


Avery Quinn - 20 months



No comments:

Post a Comment